By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NEW Forza5 direct feed gameplay 1080p and 60fps of glorious driving heaven.

Tagged games:

Looking good textures and driving, except for the lighting, cheap reflection effect and can't really judge motion blur and AA on this video.

Around the Network

Can really tell the difference between this and F4. The frame rate is evident. It looks more life like than 4...

Ok I'm probably gonna get a ton of hate for this, so I want to say this before I start: I don't care for racers, not at all, if someone put a gun to my head and showed me gameplay of GT5 and Forza 4 (or 3 for that matter) and told me to decide which is which I would not be able to do it.

That being said, I just watched the video and then a video of Forza 4 and I'm really asking myself what it is that makes people say that Forza 5 looks so amazing. I mean sure it looks good but I feel that aside from having a higher resolution, some more details in the background and cars and generally being brighter/shinier than F4, I just don't see that much of difference.

So maybe someone can explain to me what they feel makes this game look so stunning to them, cause I honestly don't understand it. (And before any arguments start, I'm not any more or less impressed with Drive Club)

DerNebel said:
Ok I'm probably gonna get a ton of hate for this, so I want to say this before I start: I don't care for racers, not at all, if someone put a gun to my head and showed me gameplay of GT5 and Forza 4 (or 3 for that matter) and told me to decide which is which I would not be able to do it.

That being said, I just watched the video and then a video of Forza 4 and I'm really asking myself what it is that makes people say that Forza 5 looks so amazing. I mean sure it looks good but I feel that aside from having a higher resolution, some more details in the background and cars and generally being brighter/shinier than F4, I just don't see that much of difference.

So maybe someone can explain to me what they feel makes this game look so stunning to them, cause I honestly don't understand it. (And before any arguments start, I'm not any more or less impressed with Drive Club)

Sooo, apart form a higher res, more trackside detail, better car models and better lighting it looks the same as Forza 4?

kowenicki said:
Mistershine said:
DerNebel said:

Sooo, apart form a higher res, more trackside detail, better car models and better lighting it looks the same as Forza 4?

lol.. exactly. appropriate video posted above...

I love that film. Someone should make 'The life of Abdul' just to see what happens.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

That smart A.I. is not a thing of previous racing games. Take this plus what other users mentioned above and deduce for yourself why I think this game promises to be stunning.

Damn you, Forza 5! Because of you, I'm gonna have to buy Xbox One on November 22.

I would love to play racing games with this type of music.

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

I'm not impressed at all by this video. I don't play much racing game, but i was interested in seeing what's the Xbox one is capable of. I don't know if it's the way th video was encoded but there is aliasing everywhere i look in HD. The landscape, moutains feel weird, and the trees are incredibly cheap 2d models. The cars looks perfect (except aliasing?) but for the rest, this doesnt nearly look next gen to me.

Alright guys, no reason to gang up on me like that. I get it, for you this game is amazing, for me it looks like just another racer with IMO noticeable but not significantly better graphics. Different people, different opinions. I just thought someone could tell me what looks so amazingly next gen about this game to them. But, oh well I'm out.