By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario 3d World only 1.7 GB

great... I love now impossibly large games....

Switch!!!

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Mr Khan said:
cheesecake said:
irstupid said:
Nintendo is always slapping those that say blu ray size discs are needed in the face with their schlongs.

But WiiU discs are the same size as Bluray.

To accomodate someone. Those, people, you know. The not-Nintendo people. The ones that claim Nintendo never does anything for them.

...Or to accomodate more and better detailed textures, models, cutscenes and an all-round more modern game.

Maybe Nintendo should have listened to these "not-Nintendo people" during the N64 era.

Play4Fun said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Thank you, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Also, GIFs!

1.7 GB

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Surprisingly small. Is Peach's dress not animated again?

JoeTheBro said:
Modern games take up so much space usually due to pre rendered cut scenes.

Nintendo games rarely have those :P take Metroid Prime and Ocarina of Time for example, there is not enough space on the mini DVD/cartridge to put cutscenes in XD

Pavolink said:

Basically, no cutscenes? Damn, another Mario game without story. I wanted a mature dark story.

If you want a Mario game with a story, leave that to Intelligence System and Alpha Dream. The Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi franchise are awesome.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Mr Khan said:
cheesecake said:
irstupid said:
Nintendo is always slapping those that say blu ray size discs are needed in the face with their schlongs.

But WiiU discs are the same size as Bluray.

To accomodate someone. Those, people, you know. The not-Nintendo people. The ones that claim Nintendo never does anything for them.

...Or to accomodate more and better detailed textures, models, cutscenes and an all-round more modern game.

Maybe Nintendo should have listened to these "not-Nintendo people" during the N64 era.

You're just mad you had to deal with obscene loading times for two extra generations than the Nintendo Gamers did pfuhuhuhuhu.

Most modern games balloon in size due to cutscenes and voice overs. Nintnedo has still refused to buy into either of those things and use them in their games. This is why their games remain tiny.

Zero999 said:

what kind of dark sorcery is this?

Nintendo Magic. The strongest witchcraft of them all.

prayformojo said:
Most modern games balloon in size due to cutscenes and voice overs. Nintnedo has still refused to buy into either of those things and use them in their games. This is why their games remain tiny.

Metroid Other M is almost 8 GB
Xenoblade is around the same
Brawl is 7.8 GB
Other Wii games like Metroid Prime 3 and Skyward Sword are around the 4 GB mark
Heck the first Mario Galaxy is 2 GB iirc

This is an anomaly, and who knows what black sorcery Nintendo is using. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

osed125 said:
prayformojo said:

Metroid Other M is almost 8 GB
Xenoblade is around the same
Brawl is 7.8 GB
Other Wii games like Metroid Prime 3 and Skyward Sword are around the 4 GB mark
Heck the first Mario Galaxy is 2 GB iirc

This is an anomaly, and who knows what black sorcery Nintendo is using. 

I'm guessing it's the same as the one capcom used to fit RE 2 on the N64 cartridge.