By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario 3d World only 1.7 GB

irstupid said:
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Nintendo separates their RAM allocation into two caches on the dies that allow for direct access so you can do some mental gymnastics to get everything running very smoothly when it comes to that

Also I dont know where you got it in your head that this game is not "redefining 3D Mario" from because according to Miyamoto and the team it for all intents and purpose is.
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=215300
The game is using high res textures, they're simple but hi res

Obviously we want to be able to see the individual mushrooms crumbs in mario's mustache, the goomba remains on the bottom of his shoes and of course some upskirt peach action to be able ot count the individual strands of lace on her undergarments.

Otherwise its not "hardcore" and just another kiddy game.  HD only counts for mature things, not cute things.

Hey, at least we get to see Peach get wet in the rain, presumably... ;)

Around the Network

And people complain saying 32GB isn't enough..

That's impressive. Seems strange to me that all the PS4 and Xbone games are weighing in at 50GB.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

What is the largest first-party Nintendo game in file size? When can we expect a 10+ GB game from them? When X releases? Or SSB4?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
What is the largest first-party Nintendo game in file size? When can we expect a 10+ GB game from them? When X releases? Or SSB4?

Metroid Prime Trilogy is the biggest so far, at 7.45GB, followed by Metroid Other M at 7.28GB, then Smash Bros Brawl at 6.77GB. (I think the lesson here is that Samus's character model takes up a lot of GB... ;) )

X will probably exceed this easily.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
F0X said:

Metroid Prime Trilogy is the biggest so far, at 7.45GB, followed by Metroid Other M at 7.28GB, then Smash Bros Brawl at 6.77GB. (I think the lesson here is that Samus's character model takes up a lot of GB... ;) )

How big is Xenoblade? Isn't it on a dual-layered disk?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
curl-6 said:
F0X said:

How big is Xenoblade? Isn't it on a dual-layered disk?

Xenoblade, at least the Western release, is 5.98GB.

The Japanese version was less, and fit on a single layer disc, but having both Japanese and English voice tracks meant the US/PAL versions needed to be dual layered.

ZackNormandin said:

Brawl had a lot of cutscenes...and they were long as hell.

Well yes, but while they were awesome, they weren't exactly Hollywood quality CGI scenes. Though I'm sure they took up real-estate. A huge chunk of that dual-layered disc was actually probably the soundtrack, which was enormous (and one of the best single soundtracks any game has ever had).

Well, I am a bit surprised that the game is THAT small :/
I mean, they already said that the amount of levels in the game is on par with the previous mario-titles, but I still hope for some galaxy-like special-worlds *o*