By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii has stop shipment production in Japan

chapset said:
why do people even support Nintendo when they kill their consoles so fast

I think they buy them to play all the games released on them or something. i dunno...

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Nintendo are now back to where they were pre-Wii. It amazes me how they totally missed the whole point of what made the Wii a success.

One hell of a machine. Will hold records for a long, long time.

Was it the casual crowd? I think it was the casual crowd.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Rip my friend

Switch!!!

9 months after PS2

The Game Cube was sold along with the Wii until Aug. 2011, before it was discontinued. So it just about lasted as long as the PS2. So that was about 5 years into the life of Wii. If we are lucky the Wii will continue to be sold with the Wii U for another 5 years.

Around the Network
Festus said:
The Game Cube was sold along with the Wii until Aug. 2011, before it was discontinued. So it just about lasted as long as the PS2. So that was about 5 years into the life of Wii. If we are lucky the Wii will continue to be sold with the Wii U for another 5 years.

What? Gamecube was discontinued in 2007 ...

At the rate Wii is falling (over 50% yoy most Quarters) I would expect a WW discontinuation to happen in early 2014, and early 2015 at the very latest.

Take a gamecube game put it in a wii (prior to Aug. 2011 , model RVL-001 i think) and their you go a gamecube. Controller ports, memory ports everything, the gamecube was a big part of the actual wii system just like the wii is a big part of the Wii U system. Was no need to look for a stand alone gamecube it was included in the wii, No need to look for stand alone Wii it is included in the Wii U.

Festus said:
Take a gamecube game put it in a wii (prior to Aug. 2011 , model RVL-001 i think) and their you go a gamecube. Controller ports, memory ports everything, the gamecube was a big part of the actual wii system just like the wii is a big part of the Wii U system. Was no need to look for a stand alone gamecube it was included in the wii, No need to look for stand alone Wii it is included in the Wii U.

You are actualy kidding right ..... please tell me you are.

Regardless, your statement is wrong, the Gamecube was not sold alongside the Wii up until 2011. Discontinued in 2007 along with software well before that. A system being backwards compatible does not mean it is still ongoing ...

Never heard such a thing!

Festus said:

Nice. So the PS1 was sold for 19 years with this logic.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

Seece said:
Festus said:

What? Gamecube was discontinued in 2007 ...

At the rate Wii is falling (over 50% yoy most Quarters) I would expect a WW discontinuation to happen in early 2014, and early 2015 at the very latest.

I think he's talking about backwards compatability.  I'm guessing he's going to be adding the numbers together to make the Wii sales look better, not that they need to look better.

If we did that, the PS1 is the best selling console EVER (PS1 + PS2 + PS3 = ~340M) and will become the longest running console (19 years and going).    Of course, that's just ridiculous.