By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii has stop shipment production in Japan

Carl2291 said:
Nintendo are now back to where they were pre-Wii. It amazes me how they totally missed the whole point of what made the Wii a success.

One hell of a machine. Will hold records for a long, long time.

id say they didnt miss the point thats why they put a system with a big ass pad out.

Around the Network

Though my least favorite of Nintendo's home consoles, it still had a great library and was truly unique.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I thought they have already stopped. Worst home console from Nintendo in my opinion, but it has some great games anyways.

How was it selling in comparison to the 360 in Japan? That hasn't stopped shipment production yet.

why do people even support Nintendo when they kill their consoles so fast

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Looks like the Wii is going to stop at 101M-102M shipped. It may not remain the #1 console for the gen, but it sure had a damn good run.

End of an era. One of the best, most disruptive, most revolutionary consoles ever made.

Hard to believe it's been 7 years...

So sad most of the responses is "worst console ever","nintendo has falied".

Farewell wii, the industry will aways hate you, even if it was you that make the industry grow up so much last gen.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

chapset said:
why do people even support Nintendo when they kill their consoles so fast

Because the Wii U is pretty much a Wii on steroids

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

This report is incorrect. The Wii is still going to be produce and sold in Japan and all other territories for years to come. Every Wii U sold has a full Wii system included with it. The Wii has not stopped at 100.1 million, every time a Wii U sells another Wii sells. It may not be sold as a stand alone unit any more but it is still sold. This is actually one of the great things about the Wii U, I am still catching up on my Wii games on my Wii U.