By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii has stop shipment production in Japan

A lot of people don't like the Wii because of the harm it did to core gamers. It infected beloved consoles like 360 and PS3 and a lot of gimmicky crap followed. Kinect is still not the hard core system it was promised to be; and what about Move? All but forgotten.

I think the Wii's legacy will be forgotten pretty fast.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Carl2291 said:
Nintendo are now back to where they were pre-Wii. It amazes me how they totally missed the whole point of what made the Wii a success.

One hell of a machine. Will hold records for a long, long time.

id say they didnt miss the point thats why they put a system with a big ass pad out.

If anything, the gamepad just proves that they DID miss the point

reggin_bolas said:
A lot of people don't like the Wii because of the harm it did to core gamers. It infected beloved consoles like 360 and PS3 and a lot of gimmicky crap followed. Kinect is still not the hard core system it was promised to be; and what about Move? All but forgotten.

No, alot of people didnt like Wii because of the games. Im not saying it was all crap but for a lot of people it was mostly crap. ANd it had no affect on PS360 at all. People forget that Sony already had a motion device with eyetoy on PS2 before Wii was even out. THey had another camera for PS3 and that sixaxis nonsense, so they had motion, but never pushed it. Kinect, was never going to be a hard core system, doesnt matter what MS said, anyone who believed that was a fool. ANd they are anything but forgetton, both follow up systems will use those devices.

ALot of gimmicky crap followed? what stores are you going too? PS360 are STILL getting great games that have nothing to do with Move or Kinect. While the WIi's support dwindled some time ago

Metallicube said:
oniyide said:
Carl2291 said:
Nintendo are now back to where they were pre-Wii. It amazes me how they totally missed the whole point of what made the Wii a success.

One hell of a machine. Will hold records for a long, long time.

id say they didnt miss the point thats why they put a system with a big ass pad out.

If anything, the gamepad just proves that they DID miss the point

gamepad proves they didnt, funky controllers sell systems. Problem is the gamepad isnt funky enough. What were they supposed to do, just make a stronger Wii? Thats exactly what they did, Wii U and its games support motion controls.

Good riddance.

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:

What harm are you exactly talking about? Cause I somehow fail to see what you may be talking about. PS360 are just as core as they always were. People didn't like Wii because it's an SD console with previous gen graphics. If anything, it hurt Nintendo in the long run, as it was the console that killed 3rd party support for Nintendo, made core gamers abandon Nintendo and the current Wii U struggles are the result of this.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.