By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World - Review Score List

prayformojo said:
It's interesting to witness the 20 something's take on games that are difficult. It seems like growing up on GameCube has caused alot of these people to be soft and spoiled and dock games for being difficult. If these same people were reviewing during the NES/SNES era, almost the entire industry would have been covered in 1/10 scores.

I now know what Cranky Kong was talking about back in the day.

no, if people actuall read the reviews they would see that the difficulty is coming from bad level desing and not so great mechanics, that isnt difficulty that is frustration.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
Busted said:
This is the first game ever i see with scores going from 2/10 to 9/10 just what the actual fuck!? --Does not compute--

Two Souls got between 2 and 10! xD Though it makes sense for that one, considering it's rather unique nature.

O.O - well Beyond is not my cup of tea so i didn't care for it but that just proves that these games are very unique and their audiences or rather the style of the game itself is so unique... THESE games are the ones you have to actually experience before you make a judgement and it irritates me seeing these people saying that they're not buying the game anymore... well, some day they'll learn.

And just to clarify, no im not contradicting myself, if i said beyond was not my cup of tea is because i don't like games that have too much ''cinematic'' feel, that's why i couldn't finish guns of the patriots, and for what i understand two souls takes that 20 floors up, so much that is almost not even a game anymore so... - that's it e.e

oniyide said:
prayformojo said:
It's interesting to witness the 20 something's take on games that are difficult. It seems like growing up on GameCube has caused alot of these people to be soft and spoiled and dock games for being difficult. If these same people were reviewing during the NES/SNES era, almost the entire industry would have been covered in 1/10 scores.

no, if people actuall read the reviews they would see that the difficulty is coming from bad level desing and not so great mechanics, that isnt difficulty that is frustration.

"Bad design" is relative to the reviewer. That's why the scores and reviews are all over the place. I assure you, had Metroid or Kid Icarus been released these days, or the original Contra? They'd have been destroyed for having "bad design" and being "frustrating" or "lacking check points". People are softer these days. If a game can't be beaten casually, it's docked points.

prayformojo said:
oniyide said:
prayformojo said:

"Bad design" is relative to the reviewer. That's why the scores and reviews are all over the place. I assure you, had Metroid or Kid Icarus been released these days, or the original Contra? They'd have been destroyed for having "bad design" and being "frustrating" or "lacking check points". People are softer these days. If a game can't be beaten casually, it's docked points.

dark/demon souls says hi, fact is they dont make much of those kinds of games anymore and when they do they dont get low scores, show me somes that have.

Sonic's  problem is the game mechanics do not work and gel well together, if i do a homing attack but stop short of the enemy and get hit, that is bad design period and not relative. Stuff NOT working is not relative in anyway.

Bummer about the reviews. Regardless, I'll be picking this game up for Christmas.

Still looking forward to it. ^_^

Around the Network

The only review that matters is cgr undertow

All those claims of this looking better than 3D World sure look promising right about now.

VGChartz

*reads reviews*
Seems like Sonic Colors with better controls (I chuckle at the "Sonic is too slow" complaints). Should be perfectly fine for Sonic fans, but I suppose Wii U owners in general could wait for the price to drop.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

dammit, had I feeling I was being too optimistic

i'll get it, day one rushing like if there is one copy left. After playing it I will give my final verdict.