By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World - Review Score List

think-man said:
Incubi said:
Its obvious Sonic Lost World will no longer be a meaningful system seller for Nintendo. It really needed stellar reviews from the biggest sites. Instead it got mediocre to bad reviews. Yes, there are some good reviews but the publications posting those are just too small to reach the audience Gamespot and IGN reach.

As I see it, that exclusivity deal with Sega was a waste of money for Nintendo. I also wondered why this game was nowhere to see in the US Nintendo Direct, as i would've thought it would be a flagship exclusive for WiiU for the month of october.

Its worth noting that Sonic is really the brainchild of Hirokazu Yasuhara whom now works for Nintendo. I honestly believe he needs to return as producer for Sonic to be a darling among the gaming media as a whole.

Flop then? this is bad news...I knew alot of people were expecting this to help sell the WiiU. 

I dont think it will flop. Badly reviewed (as in not being stellar) Sonic games sometimes sell really well, but i wouldn't count on this game to be a meaningful system seller anymore. 

Around the Network

No matter critics says I will get it, I love Sonic and this game look amazing

Well this was going to be one of my make or break it games for the Wii U. Maybe I'll just get the Xbox One before it after all.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Well this was going to be one of my make or break it games for the Wii U. Maybe I'll just get the Xbox One before it after all.

Just Sonic? What about Wind Waker HD or Super Mario 3D World? :)

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I've read a few reviews by now, and it seems that the new 3D Sonic fans that like to go super fast hate it while others are okay with the speed. I mean, this game is about as fast as classic Sonic games from what I've played so speed run is still an option if you are good enough, but if you are looking for the newer Sonic game speeds then you'd prolly be disappointed.

Around the Network

Reviews do not equal game quality. Buying it anyways, almost every Sonic game gets bad reviews and I liked most of those that I played(exception being Sonic 2006), hell, one of my favourite Sonic games is Black Knight and that one got trashed everywhere in the gaming media.

Didn't Sonic and the Secret Ring release to shocking reviews and go on to shift a couple of million on the Wii?

Sonic does have a pretty strong following. An exclusive Sonic regardless of reviews will help to sell some extra systems.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Smeags said:
F0X said:
I like Jim Sterling's review. http://www.destructoid.com/review-sonic-lost-world-263720.phtml

Huh, didn't see that coming in a million years.

For Sonic Colors, the game that broke the Sonic cycle, he gave it a 4.5 (Sega even gave him a cake and a 10 foot Sonic Colors banner poking fun of him for it ).

I agreed with some of the points in his Colors review. :/ The DS version, however, is easily my favorite Sonic game of the past decade.

Looks like the change in level design philosophy won Jim over, ultimately. And it also has me interested...

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Anfebious said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Just Sonic? What about Wind Waker HD or Super Mario 3D World? :)

I only buy consoles after the first five games Im looking for show up:
List went like this:

1) Wonferful 101

2) Sonic

3) Bayonetta

4) Mario Kart

5) X

I'll wait until Nintendo has filled the list. Being that they lack the third parties they must make it up with exclusives.

The List is pretty much left with the strongest games I've noticed thus far.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I only buy consoles after the first five games Im looking for show up:
List went like this:

1) Wonferful 101

2) Sonic

3) Bayonetta

4) Mario Kart

5) X

I'll wait until Nintendo has filled the list. Being that they lack the third parties they must make it up with exclusives.

The List is pretty much left with the strongest games I've noticed thus far.

Well that is a good list! You could replace Sonic with Super Mario 3D World or wait for another game! But yeah it seems that the Wii U will be your last console to get xD

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"