By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World - Review Score List

MegaDrive08 said:
I trust the word of my fellow gamers on Miiverse than these reviewers, people are loving this game.

the only reviews that I really believe.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
It looks to me that its like every other Sonic game since they broke the cycle,but its harder and cheaper at times.

I'd have designed some levels/aspects differently

It sounds like they tried to do too many things at once. All these changes to a formula that was actually starting to actually pan out, now creating a new system with more wrinkles to iron out.

From everything I've seen, it isn't lacking technical polish...in fact, it looks pretty good (except those backgrounds...). The problem here seems to be a lack of polished mechanics.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

marioboy2004 said:
If I'm going to be spending money such as $50 or more on the videogame I hope the quality to be high. because that's a lot of money not being spent on food mortgage or utilities

Isnt the point to have fun with it? Video games are supposed to be about fun.

To me spending 50$ on a game widely considered by many to be "mediocre" for such and such reasons that you find fun compared to spending 1-3$ on shit you'll never play/ enjoy/ random phone games is a much deeper waste and offense.

I think this vid really highlights the oxymoron that is the game here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH3jNLX8IRo#t=189

You have a video someone use with two sets of complaints used for it, one being its too fast, but you run into things, the other being its too slow, while the person playing is doing NEITHER of these things and the game actually looks, fun.

Incubi said:
think-man said:
Incubi said:
Its obvious Sonic Lost World will no longer be a meaningful system seller for Nintendo. It really needed stellar reviews from the biggest sites. Instead it got mediocre to bad reviews. Yes, there are some good reviews but the publications posting those are just too small to reach the audience Gamespot and IGN reach.

As I see it, that exclusivity deal with Sega was a waste of money for Nintendo. I also wondered why this game was nowhere to see in the US Nintendo Direct, as i would've thought it would be a flagship exclusive for WiiU for the month of october.

Its worth noting that Sonic is really the brainchild of Hirokazu Yasuhara whom now works for Nintendo. I honestly believe he needs to return as producer for Sonic to be a darling among the gaming media as a whole.

Flop then? this is bad news...I knew alot of people were expecting this to help sell the WiiU. 

I dont think it will flop. Badly reviewed (as in not being stellar) Sonic games sometimes sell really well, but i wouldn't count on this game to be a meaningful system seller anymore. 

it was never going to be a system seller anyone who thought that was lying to themselves are has not been paying attention for the last decade.

Around the Network

Are you getting the 3DS version ?

It's kinda sad seeing reviews like this one so low:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/sonic-lost-world-wii-u

1/5....that's just beyond bad. I'm pretty sure the game isn't this bad.

The Sonic cicle has returned for this game.

prayformojo said:
oniyide said:
prayformojo said:
oniyide said:
prayformojo said:
It's interesting to witness the 20 something's take on games that are difficult. It seems like growing up on GameCube has caused alot of these people to be soft and spoiled and dock games for being difficult. If these same people were reviewing during the NES/SNES era, almost the entire industry would have been covered in 1/10 scores.

I now know what Cranky Kong was talking about back in the day.

no, if people actuall read the reviews they would see that the difficulty is coming from bad level desing and not so great mechanics, that isnt difficulty that is frustration.

"Bad design" is relative to the reviewer. That's why the scores and reviews are all over the place. I assure you, had Metroid or Kid Icarus been released these days, or the original Contra? They'd have been destroyed for having "bad design" and being "frustrating" or "lacking check points". People are softer these days. If a game can't be beaten casually, it's docked points.

dark/demon souls says hi, fact is they dont make much of those kinds of games anymore and when they do they dont get low scores, show me somes that have.

Sure, just check out Gamespot's Luigis Mansion Dark Moon review. I think it got a 6 because according to the reviewer, there was a lack of check point on one level, meaning if you died GASP.....you had to replay the entire level. Seriously. I'm not making this up.

That's just the GameSpot Nintendo tax. For the past couple of years, you've always had to add an extra point to GameSpot's reviews of Nintendo games. THey simply refuse to use scores of 9 to 10, so in reality that 6 is a decent score.

But yeah, not having checkpoints in 15 minute levels is a weird thing for the publication that gave Demons' Souls a GOTY award to obsess over.

Love and tolerate.

Sonic Lost Worlds once again confirms the known fact that most game critics are just ridiculously bad at videogames.