By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World - Review Score List

I find it funny how people are saying its a love or hate game, out of 38 reviews on metracritic, 20 of them are below 7s and, then have 6 which range from 7 to 7.3, and then you have mostly 8s with 3 scores 9s, for a game to be love or hate it needs way more 9s then that especially when it comes to game rating where 7 means average, 8 is good and 9 is great, i mean if you look at almost every single game thats not a complete turd it wil somel 8s and 9s

Around the Network

It's a shame so many gamers make a decision off what a game review says, Half of them suck at difficult games, I look at what gamers say not reviewers, thats what I love about Miiverse you get an instant reaction from gamers to what a game is like.

forethought14 said:
It's kinda sad seeing reviews like this one so low:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/sonic-lost-world-wii-u

1/5....that's just beyond bad. I'm pretty sure the game isn't this bad.

That depends on the reviewers personal views on what a 1/5 means. Not yours and mine.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Are you getting the 3DS version ?

was planning on it, since it wasnt going to be that much different than the Wii U version. But now...i dont know. Ill wait to see if there is a demo and check it out. If there isnt. Ill wait for a price drop

MegaDrive08 said:
It's a shame so many gamers make a decision off what a game review says, Half of them suck at difficult games, I look at what gamers say not reviewers, thats what I love about Miiverse you get an instant reaction from gamers to what a game is like.

I find"gamers" to be even less realibie. For one the game isnt even out everywhere yet and two Miiverse? how much people have access to that? far less than video game websites I assure you.

Around the Network
I think this vid really highlights the oxymoron that is the game here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH3jNLX8IRo#t=189

You have a video someone use with two sets of complaints used for it, one being its too fast, but you run into things, the other being its too slow, while the person playing is doing NEITHER of these things and the game actually looks, fun.

Exactly.

Gamespot's review is even worse as the reviewer also tries to demonstrate the idea that the game is difficult by showing clips where he intentionally die (or maybe he's just extremely bad at the game, not sure).

The game is most likely not great, but that Gamespot's review is really a joke, I can't believe one of the biggest site in the industry can be so unprofessionnal. 

The day I ceased to perceive video game media reviews as credible sources.

oniyide said:
MegaDrive08 said:

I find"gamers" to be even less realibie. For one the game isnt even out everywhere yet and two Miiverse? how much people have access to that? far less than video game websites I assure you.

You assure me nothing, thats you opinion, miiverse is instant people posting as there playing the game, like I said I trust a mass opinion of gamers to shitty reviews.

MegaDrive08 said:
oniyide said:
MegaDrive08 said:

You assure me nothing, thats you opinion, miiverse is instant people posting as there playing the game, like I said I trust a mass opinion of gamers to shitty reviews.

thats your opinion ill trust the opinion of people whose reviews ive read for years over some random gamers on miiverse that most likely decided they liked the game before they even played it.

The funny thing is about these people that call these reviews shitty is most of them havent played it (not even released everywhere yet) or hasnt given a reason why the review is wrong.

Luck said:
I think this vid really highlights the oxymoron that is the game here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH3jNLX8IRo#t=189

You have a video someone use with two sets of complaints used for it, one being its too fast, but you run into things, the other being its too slow, while the person playing is doing NEITHER of these things and the game actually looks, fun.

Exactly.

Gamespot's review is even worse as the reviewer also tries to demonstrate the idea that the game is difficult by showing clips where he intentionally die (or maybe he's just extremely bad at the game, not sure).

The game is most likely not great, but that Gamespot's review is really a joke, I can't believe one of the biggest site in the industry can be so unprofessionnal. 

The day I ceased to perceive video game media reviews as credible sources.

"Unprofessional?"

How So?

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

people really will bend over backwards to find an excuse to like something that sucks.

Sonic was poorly made with shitty controls and poor level design, which is why it was 'hard', not an intentional decision. it's just bad. Sometimes, you gotta accept that and move on.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android