By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World - Review Score List

oniyide said:
Mythmaker1 said:
oniyide said:
it isnt what i expected i was expecting at least the same scores that Colors and Generatiions got. Its sitting at 62 which is more than ten points less than Generations or Colors. Im torn, the Sonic fan in me wants to believe the high scores, but i never even heard of most of those websites and i dont trust Famitsu ratings for crap. The review sites i do trust are giving then the low mediocore scores. and its worst for 3ds which is what i was going to get, heres hoping they have a demo

oh and im sure as hell not going on the word of anyone from Miiverse, that would be like taking metascore user reviews seriously.

I tend not to trust particular sites, since the reviewers (and their standards) vary wildly. For my part, I make sure to read a spread of different reviews. It's pretty easy to spot the ones who know what they're talking about, and which ones are just making it up as they go.

thats exactly what i do, but the guys i trust are the ones giving the negative reviews and the ones i never heard of or dont trust are giving the positive ones

Well, games in the 60-70 range tend to be hit or miss; it largely depends on standards. Generally, the people who like it do so because it does one thing really well, and they can basically ignore everything else. Those that don't like it tend to do so because the design problems drag it down and keep them from enjoying what it does right.

Just depends on your tolerance for BS, I suppose.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
I was actually looking forward to this, looked great....how disappointing!

Here's a Plus side, less reason to get a Wii u for me

Previews these days are often deceptive. It's in the interest of the journalist to stay on the developers's good side, so only the worst of the worst usually gets called out in a preview.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Sonic Colours and Generation were good, I'll at least try the demo of Lost World (but I won't since its exclusive)

This honestly doesn't surprise me that much (although, I've overshot it in the Metascore league)

I absolutely agree, the previews and media we've seen looked fantastic. But I thought they looked fantastic for Colours too. Then I actually played the game, and it just wasn't that fun. It had the same problems that Heroes had - I just didn't feel they got the mix between platforming & speed anything like right. Precision jumping in Colours was a massive pain in the ass. Maybe it improved in this game, but then the speed is reduced?

I'll have a look through some of the particulars of the reviews in a bit. It's a shame. I'm sure plenty of you will have a lot of fun with this game - I've certainly enjoyed many a yellow-rated Metacritic title.  Definitely among JRPG's, I can have a disproportionate amount of fun compared to reviews.

But this went from a "likely to pick up once I have a Wii-U" title to "another Sonic I'll skip" for the time being.

Well my opinion is completely opposite to yours, really liked the feel of colours, the music was kick ass, as always, one of my favourite Sonic games, but diffent strokes i guess.

Around the Network

To those who thought it would score highly, your first mistake was relying on Sega to do anything. 

Sal.Paradise said:

To those who thought it would score highly, your first mistake was relying on Sega to do anything. 

i think at the very least people were expecting it to keep the momemtum of Colors and Generations

Busted said:
This is the first game ever i see with scores going from 2/10 to 9/10 just what the actual fuck!? --Does not compute--

Two Souls got between 2 and 10! xD Though it makes sense for that one, considering it's rather unique nature.

could this be a reason why it didnt get alot of promotion?

It's interesting to witness the 20 something's take on games that are difficult. It seems like growing up on GameCube has caused alot of these people to be soft and spoiled and dock games for being difficult. If these same people were reviewing during the NES/SNES era, almost the entire industry would have been covered in 1/10 scores.

I now know what Cranky Kong was talking about back in the day.