By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World - Review Score List

Incubi said:
Mythmaker1 said:
Incubi said:

Seems both IGN and Gamespot might've flat out lied about this game. Atleast according to this vid:

After seeing this vid, i'd like to hear your thoughtsXD

Having seen this video, I think that the player is childish and immature.

Watching this video says nothing about the controls or the level design, which is what the reviewers are criticizing, because the player basically ignores most of the level and mechanics. It's an entirely superficial rebuttal.

Isn't the reviewers harping on the lack of speed of the game while he do a speedrun of this level showing that the reviewers are full of shit?  

I recommend reading the review itself. While the reviewer mentions he was disappointed by the character's running speed for half of one paragraph, the majority of the criticism revolves around level design and mechanics that force the player to slow down.

Maintaining a constant spin-dash (which, when you think about it, in no way contradicts the comments on "running speed") to blow through the level while ignoring most of the content (never once using a homing attack) says nothing about the way most people are going to play the game.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Incubi said:
Mythmaker1 said:
Incubi said:

Seems both IGN and Gamespot might've flat out lied about this game. Atleast according to this vid:

Watching this video says nothing about the controls or the level design, which is what the reviewers are criticizing, because the player basically ignores most of the level and mechanics. It's an entirely superficial rebuttal.

Isn't the reviewers harping on the lack of speed of the game while he do a speedrun of this level showing that the reviewers are full of shit?  

Conversely the last few minutes complain about the game being too fast lol. By another reviewere.

LOL! True. There is one more thing i find puzzling knowing this game is made be the team that did Sonic Colors. With Sonic Colors there was intelligent level design, it nailed the feel of Sonic, it was very creative...  Now all of a sudden this team have no idea what they're doing, the level design is unintelligent, it doesn't feel like a Sonic game, its not creative but just a poor mans Mario Galaxy? Wonder how that happened.

They tried to do too much and it was rushed. Simple as that^

Its not really like Galaxy when it comes to level design either.

But the 3D in this game is better than the 2D.

Mythmaker1 said:
Incubi said:
Mythmaker1 said:
Incubi said:

I recommend reading the review itself. While the reviewer mentions he was disappointed by the character's running speed for half of one paragraph, the majority of the criticism revolves around level design and mechanics that force the player to slow down.

Maintaining a constant spin-dash (which, when you think about it, in no way contradicts the comments on "running speed") to blow through the level while ignoring most of the content (never once using a homing attack) says nothing about the way most people are going to play the game.

It's like you people don't understand the conept of options.

You can go super fast through the level for a speed rush.

You can go slow and explore

Skipping half the areas and stuff is the whole point of speed rushes.  And is that not one of the huge things people like in sonic games?  Speed rushing.  Seeing hwo fast you can do a level.  So why should Sonic be docked for having a way you can rush through the level super fast, and also a way you can go slow and explore every area or beat enemies.  

In Mario do you always beat up every enemy or is there times when doing level as fast as you can you not once kill an enemy but speed through taking shortcuts, ect.

If you want and example of bad gameplay look at sonic 06.  You be going along all fast then it has to stop CONSTANTLY to kill every enemy on screen to lower some barrier to then continue in the game.  That is bad gameplay mechanics.  I like having the OPTION to skip enemies if I want or to kill them.  Nothing worse than going through a level 100 mph and then being forced to stop and do something.  

irstupid said:
Mythmaker1 said:

It's like you people don't understand the conept of options.

You can go super fast through the level for a speed rush.

You can go slow and explore

Skipping half the areas and stuff is the whole point of speed rushes.  And is that not one of the huge things people like in sonic games?  Speed rushing.  Seeing hwo fast you can do a level.  So why should Sonic be docked for having a way you can rush through the level super fast, and also a way you can go slow and explore every area or beat enemies.  

In Mario do you always beat up every enemy or is there times when doing level as fast as you can you not once kill an enemy but speed through taking shortcuts, ect.

If you want and example of bad gameplay look at sonic 06.  You be going along all fast then it has to stop CONSTANTLY to kill every enemy on screen to lower some barrier to then continue in the game.  That is bad gameplay mechanics.  I like having the OPTION to skip enemies if I want or to kill them.  Nothing worse than going through a level 100 mph and then being forced to stop and do something.  

"It's like you people don't understand the conept of..."

Sorry, but you lost me right there. When the "you people" start coming out, I stop listening.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network
Incubi said:

I have been seeing a lot of gameplay videos of this game, I try not to see too much because I still might want to buy this game, but the more I watch, seeing them die and coming back with a cool, fun trick to get pass it. The Let's players seem to be having fun. It look like fun and I want to try it.

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

past 3d sonic titles were generally on rails and too fast. you didn't have the time to react and in the end it was just try and error the whole game.

sonic lost world seems to have adressed the previous 3d sonics issues. sonic has a low regular speed wich is better suited for platforming (sonic's genre) but also let's you acelerate him at will. you can explore the levels or rush through them. seriously, the game looks great.

and "not fast enough" was the most pathetic try to diminish a game that I've ever seen. especially when too much speed and lack of control is what hurt the other 3d titles. this excuse is in the same category as the reviewers who said zombiu (a non action game) didn't have enough action and that was a negative point.

Sonic has kicked the bucket, why can't Sega just realize this?

^ The fans.
Sonic Lost World was an attempt to reconcile the differences between their fanbase and they got burned the fuck outta it critically.

But that Jim Sterling Review is very telling.

The game really does take a bit of time to get used to, and like always has some issues here and there. I think they should stick with this style and go further with it

whether people understand it or not, Sonic games put up numbers...period. So anyone wondering why they still make it, hell I dont think they have much choice. I cant think of any of Sega's other current series that put up those kinds of numbers. Hell even the worst games across the board still do well. Sonic06 did 1mil JUST on PS3. secret rings was a different kind of crap and did even more. Hell both Rival games on PSP did more than 1mil each ON PSP