By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World - Review Score List

TrevDaRev said:
Came really close to buying it last night, but I decided to hold out & hopefully get it as a christmas present. Two sisters, Super Mario 3D World from one. Sonic Lost World from the other. Hopefully. :)

Around the Network

I think it's time Sega justs accepts it's time for Sonic to take a break.

Or you know, they keep working at it^
They shouldnt rush it.

Incubi said:

Seems both IGN and Gamespot might've flat out lied about this game. Atleast according to this vid:

After seeing this vid, i'd like to hear your thoughtsXD

Having seen this video, I think that the player is childish and immature.

Watching this video says nothing about the controls or the level design, which is what the reviewers are criticizing, because the player basically ignores most of the level and mechanics. It's an entirely superficial rebuttal.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Hynad said:
zippy said:
irstupid said:
Well wonder if this will be another of those games that consumers love, yet reviewers give horrible scores.

I think it looks good. Sonic games in past have become too close to temple run for my liking. Where you basically just tap left/right or jump once in a while, while you just go through a on rails game at insane speed.

This game is a lot better thought out, the pace has been slowed down so you can explore and do more precise platforming. But you can also blast through the levels at high speed as Sega has this time added a speed button, hold ZR and Sonic sprints for his life, just use the analogue and its a nice steady pace. A bit like in NSMB where you can trot along or hold the speed button down for further jumps etc. I actually like this addition as it adds replayability to the levels, finding the red coins and freeing the animals or doing a speed run to get on the pnline leaderboards.

Funny how people forget that this is actually how the 16Bits classics played like. You know... The titles every reviewers dream that Sega would manage to recreate the feel in 3D form.  You could blast through the levels, memory/reflex style, or you could spend more time in the levels to seek rings to get access to all the Chaos Emerald Bonus levels... 

that was what Generations was about, at least the 2d sections and it got much better reviews.

Around the Network
Mythmaker1 said:
Incubi said:

Seems both IGN and Gamespot might've flat out lied about this game. Atleast according to this vid:

Watching this video says nothing about the controls or the level design, which is what the reviewers are criticizing, because the player basically ignores most of the level and mechanics. It's an entirely superficial rebuttal.

not to mention who knows how many times he played this level before he was able to do this. plus it still never reached the speed levels of Generations, whether thats a good thing or not, i dont know

Meh. I usually don't give a shit about critics, but damn. Those reviews really killed my hype.

Mythmaker1 said:
Incubi said:

Isn't the reviewers harping on the lack of speed of the game while he do a speedrun of this level showing that the reviewers are full of shit?  

Mythmaker1 said:

Actually, ignoring most of the level was what you were meant to do in the original sonics. Though back then it was known as learning the best routes.

If he can perfect a level like that so quickly, that alone supports that the controls aren't as broken as some reviews make out. It looks like another case of where major review sites have booted up the game, played it for 10 minutes and come to their conclusions.

Still don't really like the look of the game myself because the levels just look so dull and uninspired. So I'll still keep 60fps 1080p Sonic Colours on my wish list for Wii U.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Incubi said:
Mythmaker1 said:
Incubi said:

Isn't the reviewers harping on the lack of speed of the game while he do a speedrun of this level showing that the reviewers are full of shit?  

Conversely the last few minutes complain about the game being too fast lol. By another reviewere.