By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sonic Lost World - Review Score List

Well wonder if this will be another of those games that consumers love, yet reviewers give horrible scores.

I think it looks good. Sonic games in past have become too close to temple run for my liking. Where you basically just tap left/right or jump once in a while, while you just go through a on rails game at insane speed.

Around the Network

Seems both IGN and Gamespot might've flat out lied about this game. Atleast according to this vid:

After seeing this vid, i'd like to hear your thoughtsXD

I can't get it in the coming weeks. But I don't care about the review scores. This game looks great, and I'll judge the game myself.

So apparently.

All reviewers want is something they've already played to review. IE they wanted moar generations styled shit.

I think if ST makes another game in this style it'll be much more refined.

irstupid said:
Well wonder if this will be another of those games that consumers love, yet reviewers give horrible scores.

I think it looks good. Sonic games in past have become too close to temple run for my liking. Where you basically just tap left/right or jump once in a while, while you just go through a on rails game at insane speed.

This game is a lot better thought out, the pace has been slowed down so you can explore and do more precise platforming. But you can also blast through the levels at high speed as Sega has this time added a speed button, hold ZR and Sonic sprints for his life, just use the analogue and its a nice steady pace. A bit like in NSMB where you can trot along or hold the speed button down for further jumps etc. I actually like this addition as it adds replayability to the levels, finding the red coins and freeing the animals or doing a speed run to get on the pnline leaderboards.

Around the Network
zippy said:
irstupid said:

This game is a lot better thought out, the pace has been slowed down so you can explore and do more precise platforming. But you can also blast through the levels at high speed as Sega has this time added a speed button, hold ZR and Sonic sprints for his life, just use the analogue and its a nice steady pace. A bit like in NSMB where you can trot along or hold the speed button down for further jumps etc. I actually like this addition as it adds replayability to the levels, finding the red coins and freeing the animals or doing a speed run to get on the pnline leaderboards.

Funny how people forget that this is actually how the 16Bits classics played like. You know... The titles every reviewers dream that Sega would manage to recreate the feel in 3D form.  You could blast through the levels, memory/reflex style, or you could spend more time in the levels to seek rings to get access to all the Chaos Emerald Bonus levels... 

I did'nt have a good feeling for this game since the first trailer who looked like a trailer for a lame saturday morning cartoon show.

Then I did'nt have a good feeling after the first gameplay footage where I thought Sonic was way to slow, it seemed boring because of this.

Then the overly positive previews gave me hope.

And now back to the negative with these reviews. Now only a great demo can convince me of buying.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Hynad said:
zippy said:
irstupid said:

Funny how people forget that this is actually how the 16Bits classics played like. You know... The titles every reviewers dream that Sega would manage to recreate the feel in 3D form.  You could blast through the levels, memory/reflex style, or you could spend more time in the levels to seek rings to get access to all the Chaos Emerald Bonus levels... 

My thoughts exactly, many a reviewer has slated 3D Sonic games whilst harking back to the 16-bit glory days. As soon a Sega address this and add a little balance the reviewers complaign he isnt fast enough... Honestly sometimes Sonic team cant win.

MegaDrive08 said:
oniyide said:
MegaDrive08 said:
It's a shame so many gamers make a decision off what a game review says, Half of them suck at difficult games, I look at what gamers say not reviewers, thats what I love about Miiverse you get an instant reaction from gamers to what a game is like.

I find"gamers" to be even less realibie. For one the game isnt even out everywhere yet and two Miiverse? how much people have access to that? far less than video game websites I assure you.

You assure me nothing, thats you opinion, miiverse is instant people posting as there playing the game, like I said I trust a mass opinion of gamers to shitty reviews.

There WAS a time, back in the late 90's and early 2000's, when you could trust sources like IGN and EGM. That was back in the day before the industry became extremely corporate. Now, for instance, IGN is owned by a HUGE corporation that overshadows everything they say and do. The editors over there are basically just puppets now. It's evident by the fact that once they move on to another job? Their TRUE feelings come out etc. Take a look at Sessler. He runs rev3 games on Youtube now and his opionions are much more realistic and unbaised.

Like you, I really only trust things like Miiverse or gamers opinions. Who knows better than us anyway?

Came really close to buying it last night, but I decided to hold out & hopefully get it as a christmas present. Two sisters, Super Mario 3D World from one. Sonic Lost World from the other. Hopefully. :)