By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub delayed. Its official.

Tagged games:

Well, the good news for us racing fans, is that we'll don't have any distractions to play GT6.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
DerNebel said:

So you would've bought the console for Driveclub and now that you know that you'd have to wait a couple months you're going to do what exactly? Cancel your preorder and never consider buying a PS4 again? Like I said, both consoles are gonig to sell out this christmas, regardless of Driveclub and if that game is your only reason for getting a PS4, then wait a couple months, it's not like the game is gone for good.

Also, do people by definition have less fun with indie or download only games? As far as I know more people play Minecraft(which incidently launches with the PS4 but not the One) than about 99% of all other games and that is indie.

Thats because Xbox One is getting a bran new Minecraft like the PC version. Called Minecraft One additio while PS4 gets the samll 360 version. 

And we're back to "proving" which console is better, great. Fact is the basic principle of Minecraft is going to be the same. Neither larger worlds nor "expanded multiplayer features and enhancements powered by the Xbox One" (whatever this is supposed to mean) is going to change that and if the Xbox 360 version has shown us anything it is that people don't mind buying and playing the "inferior" version as long as it's still Minecraft. Also thinking that the One version is going to be like the PC version is very naive.

The good news is, this wasn't Killzone. Based on the Most Wanted numbers, Killzone was the only launch title left that people around here are hyped for anyway,

Love and tolerate.

DerNebel said:
walsufnir said:
DerNebel said:
And the PS4 is still launching with more games than the Xbox 1...

Really people, this is by no means good news but it also is by no means the huge blow to Sony that some people are trying to make it out to be. How many people do you honestly think were buying a PS4 for Driveclub? If I remember right the only country were Driveclub even charted in the top 100 bestseller chart on Amazon was germany.

So people, I know we all enjoy listwars and "proving" to each other which console is the best, but let's be honest here, both consoles are probably gonna sell out this holiday season and Driveclubs availability or non availability is not gonna make the difference.

I know 1 people. Me.And of course it isn't listed because it was free on ps+ (partially).

Not to mention that quantity isn't quality. I think it's amazing how in such a short time indies became so important and valuable. Oh right, console wars and their ammunition.

So you would've bought the console for Driveclub and now that you know that you'd have to wait a couple months you're going to do what exactly? Cancel your preorder and never consider buying a PS4 again? Like I said, both consoles are gonig to sell out this christmas, regardless of Driveclub and if that game is your only reason for getting a PS4, then wait a couple months, it's not like the game is gone for good.

Also, do people by definition have less fun with indie or download only games? As far as I know more people play Minecraft(which incidently launches with the PS4 but not the One) than about 99% of all other games and that is indie.

I still don't know what to do. I still want to get the controller in my hands and how PS4 "feels" but DC was the point where  I said "ok, this is free, let's give it a try" And now.. I am still undecided.

As I said in another thread, the view on indies changed a lot in the last months.

Soooo...can we conclude that this holiday season is the time to buy a WiiU and the other next gen consoles should be bought in the spring/summer of next year ?
(More exclusives, firmware up to snuff, no risk of getting a launch unit...etc?)

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
DerNebel said:

Really people, this is by no means good news but it also is by no means the huge blow to Sony that some people are trying to make it out to be. How many people do you honestly think were buying a PS4 for Driveclub? If I remember right the only country were Driveclub even charted in the top 100 bestseller chart on Amazon was germany.

So people, I know we all enjoy listwars and "proving" to each other which console is the best, but let's be honest here, both consoles are probably gonna sell out this holiday season and Driveclubs availability or non availability is not gonna make the difference.

I know 1 people. Me.And of course it isn't listed because it was free on ps+ (partially).

Not to mention that quantity isn't quality. I think it's amazing how in such a short time indies became so important and valuable. Oh right, console wars and their ammunition.

Its also amazing how unimportant theyve become, and how even tho minecraft is the best selling game on xbla, apparently all indie games are now trash!

Oh right, console wars and their ammunition. 

Well, you have your opinion, I have mine. I never cared for indies and this is still my opinion. I never played minecraft for one second. But they really got more hype in the last months. Can you tell me why? Of course you can. But really, I am weary of this. I don't care, you do, fine. Let's leave it at this.

walsufnir said:
DerNebel said:
walsufnir said:
DerNebel said:

I still don't know what to do. I still want to get the controller in my hands and how PS4 "feels" but DC was the point where  I said "ok, this is free, let's give it a try" And now.. I am still undecided.

As I said in another thread, the view on indies changed a lot in the last months.

Well I have only been here for a couple weeks and haven't posted about indies at all so you don't really know what my stance was and how/if it changed at all ;)

DerNebel said:
walsufnir said:
DerNebel said:
walsufnir said:
DerNebel said:

Well I have only been here for a couple weeks and haven't posted about indies at all so you don't really know what my stance was and how/if it changed at all ;)

That's why I chose my words to talk in general and were not addressing them to you.

walsufnir said:
Xenostar said:
walsufnir said:
DerNebel said:

Its also amazing how unimportant theyve become, and how even tho minecraft is the best selling game on xbla, apparently all indie games are now trash!

Oh right, console wars and their ammunition. 

Well, you have your opinion, I have mine. I never cared for indies and this is still my opinion. I never played minecraft for one second. But they really got more hype in the last months. Can you tell me why? Of course you can. But really, I am weary of this. I don't care, you do, fine. Let's leave it at this.

And ive always loved games indie or not. 

Bastion, Minecraft, Journey, Dust, FEZ, Trials, Limbo, Rainbow Moon etc etc, all that got lots of my gaming time. 

I just find it funny now that some find only AAA to be important, but at the same time not important if it has a current gen release. If your really into AAA why would you want the current gen crappy version, surely the big draw of AAA is the big budget graphics. 

dane007 said:
Just hope Knack doesn't get delayed cause when i played it at Digital nationz the slowdown was unplayable and theres news on ps4 freezing when playing knack which is weird ? . What would you guys do if knack gets delayed?

This is sad and yet somewhat expected.  This Sony of course.

If I read news that Knack has been delayed, then I probably would LMAO while reading the news and then just move on with my life.  WIth all the craziness that's been going on with delays for the PS4, you'd think that Knack of all games would have been the MAIN game to get delayed.  NOT Watchdogs, NOT The Crew, NOT DriveClub.  And all of these games were delayed within a month before luanch.

I seriously thought that those games would have been ready for launch.  My sister preordered the PS4 Watchdog bundle and now she's disappointed.  She either has to get a different bundle, a standalone PS4 or cancelling it altogether.  I wouldn't be surprised if more people felt like this and one more reason why I just wait it out a few years/never preorder anything.

To avoid this of course.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY