By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub delayed. Its official.

Tagged games:

Ucell said:
CityOfNoobs said:
This is sad. I have a ps4 pre-ordered along with copies of watchdog and killzone. Now that watch dogs and this have been delayed I am left with Killzone and ...... Madden? I am no longer so sure about my pre order

Its not like its been cancelled. You can play it at at a later date.

I can also purchase a ps4 at a later date. 

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

Around the Network
CityOfNoobs said:
Ucell said:
CityOfNoobs said:
This is sad. I have a ps4 pre-ordered along with copies of watchdog and killzone. Now that watch dogs and this have been delayed I am left with Killzone and ...... Madden? I am no longer so sure about my pre order

Its not like its been cancelled. You can play it at at a later date.

I can also purchase a ps4 at a later date. 

You have already preordered it, so why the hassle?

I was thinking. Does anyone think there's an another reason why Sony delayed Drive Club? The delay of Drive Club will allow Evolution Studios to more work into Drive Club, but I'm now thinking that's not the only reason? There's fewer retail exclusives now, but with only two more exclusives on the Xbox One and as many retail titles that are dropping at launch, there's not really much of a difference.

Maybe Sony delayed Drive Club to spread their release list around. So that it's not like Vita where everything came out at launch and then there was almost nothing until we got closer to the end of next year. With Need for Speed Rivals and Gran Turismo 6(for PS3,) maybe Sony feels that Drive Club is better as a game that releases in the future to make it look like they're releasing more games.

Kresnik said:
Well, that sucks. Game is going to lose out on a lot of sales from not being there at launch. Although this will help fill out the release schedule at the beginning of next year a bit.

Tell you what, I wonder how much of this has to do with the closure of Studio Liverpool & BigBig. My understanding is those 3 NW studios worked really closely on projects. Certainly BigBig almost seemed like a subsidiary of Evolution by the end.

And I tell you what... Psygnosis would've gotten a game out of the door for launch :P

Yeah, while releasing later does help fill some of the blank months, the loss of launch sales is going to really suck :/ Being a launch title is one of the quickest ways to establish a brand.

CityOfNoobs said:

Same recomendation that I gave a few posts back, sell your pre-order for a profit and buy the console again when the games that you want are available. You will make someone that wants the console now happy, you may get some additional money and you will buy it anyway down the line. It is not like there is a shortage of good games for PS3, Xbox 360 or Wii U in the next months.

Around the Network

Still a better lineup than PS3 had so it wont matter in the end.

Wow theirs been a lot of delays in the past week. This has to be one of the worst delays though because this really hurts the PS4's launch line up of games now its down to just 2 retail games Knack and Killzone... This will probably drastically hurt Driveclub sales though, this game hasn't received much hype but would sell moderately well sense it was launching along the PS4 competting with only a few other retail games. Now that they pushed it back it will have more competition with games out and a leaves a bad taste in peoples mouth that were really looking foward to it.

For me personally I don't play racing games unless its Mario Kart (: so this doesn't really effect how I feel about the PS4 im also not getting it at launch so this really doesn't bother me at all.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Pristine20 said:
All I preordered was KZSF anyways so its all god. I never intended to get drive club or watchdogs. Looking forward to DAIII, FFXV, The Witcher 3 and Diablo III ps4 version

What does DAIII (I presume DA Inquisition) and Witcher 3 have to do with the delay of Drivers Club? Those games are released in 2014, Dragon Age even in late 2014.

But I am looking forward to them too, especially Dragon Age Inquisition. And MGS5.

This Holiday 2013 lineup is looking weak right now. Off the top of my head Assassin's Creed 4 is the only game that interests me.

I planned to get Knack and Assassin's Creed IV on launch and getting Killzone: Shadow Fall as part of my bundle so shall have plenty to play! Not to mention R&C: Nexus for my PS3 and Tearaway for Vita... Busy month!!

Are there any launch racer games now? this could be bad. First watchdogs now this.