By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub delayed. Its official.

Tagged games:

Drive club delayed?, so my ps4 preorder, I'm very dissapointed.

Around the Network
selnor1983 said:
Well, I think its poor pushing indie games as if they match full AAA rekeases. Id be pissed if Microsoft did this for launch.

well than good news,. MS doesn't have any indies!!

OT - i wonder if between driveclub and watch dogs anyone (in noticable numbers) will cancel their pre-order?  killzone, knack, resogun,  AC:BF, BF4, CoD, contrast, madden/NBA, NFS, and those F2P and last gen ports isn't a terrible launch but it isn't massively compelling either.   i really want to play killzone but i'm pretty okay waiting a bit on resogun, contrast, knack.   my decision to wait until march-ish 2014 is looking better now.

i think i'll get mine when either infamous or the witness releases.  whichever comes first.

Saviour said:
daredevil.shark said:
Its funny most of the people who are complaining were not going to pick up driveclub at launch

most complaints Ryse got was from sony fans and not Microsoft's fan, the phenomenon is known as "fanboyism". But most people pissed on this delayed are Ps fanboys coz it was originally free with PS+, they don't have to buy it and most of PS4 owners will eventually subscribe to PS+ that's why they are angry but i guess contrast a nice contender, They'd be happy with that.  

You get a free PS+ month so everyone would have got driveclub for free.. Yes people deserved to be pissed about it especially if they pre ordered the Watch dogs bundle aswell..

A bad news is a bad news.

It´s not the end of the world but I think that this delay puts a final nail to the coffin of the PS4 50% "superiority" or the easeness in development.

kitler53 said:
selnor1983 said:
Well, I think its poor pushing indie games as if they match full AAA rekeases. Id be pissed if Microsoft did this for launch.

OT - i wonder if between driveclub and watch dogs anyone (in noticable numbers) will cancel their pre-order?  killzone, knack, resogun,  AC:BF, BF4, CoD, contrast, madden/NBA, NFS, and those F2P and last gen ports isn't a terrible launch but it isn't massively compelling either.   i really want to play killzone but i'm pretty okay waiting a bit on resogun, contrast, knack.   my decision to wait until march-ish 2014 is looking better now.

i think i'll get mine when either infamous or the witness releases.  whichever comes first.

TBH if I had cash then I would have gotten watch dogs and battlefield 4 in PS4 (a week ago). But now battlefield 4, assassins creed 4, resongun (those who like digital) and killzone shadow fall is a better companion. Most of those who are complaining were not going to get PS4 at launch anyway. I will be getting PS4 with infamous second son next year. Driveclub delay wont effect much to PS4 pre order except the fanboys of both side complaining.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
selnor1983 said:

Infamous will be a pretty big system seller i would of thought, its gonna be one of the first wave of games thats truley next gen looking. 

And the PS4 is still launching with more games than the Xbox 1...

Really people, this is by no means good news but it also is by no means the huge blow to Sony that some people are trying to make it out to be. How many people do you honestly think were buying a PS4 for Driveclub? If I remember right the only country were Driveclub even charted in the top 100 bestseller chart on Amazon was germany.

So people, I know we all enjoy listwars and "proving" to each other which console is the best, but let's be honest here, both consoles are probably gonna sell out this holiday season and Driveclubs availability or non availability is not gonna make the difference.

DerNebel said:
And the PS4 is still launching with more games than the Xbox 1...

Really people, this is by no means good news but it also is by no means the huge blow to Sony that some people are trying to make it out to be. How many people do you honestly think were buying a PS4 for Driveclub? If I remember right the only country were Driveclub even charted in the top 100 bestseller chart on Amazon was germany.

So people, I know we all enjoy listwars and "proving" to each other which console is the best, but let's be honest here, both consoles are probably gonna sell out this holiday season and Driveclubs availability or non availability is not gonna make the difference.

I know 1 people. Me.And of course it isn't listed because it was free on ps+ (partially).

Not to mention that quantity isn't quality. I think it's amazing how in such a short time indies became so important and valuable. Oh right, console wars and their ammunition.

Like what happened with Watch Dogs, i think that a delay for a game at launch, specifically if it's a 1st party game is a big mistake, and i don't think that DriveClub will benefit for the delay enough to compensate the frustation of not playing when it was intended to launch.

And now, i'm officially worried about Infamous Second Son launch date....

colafitte said:
Like what happened with Watch Dogs, i think that a delay for a game at launch, specifically if it's a 1st party game is a big mistake, and i don't think that DriveClub will benefit for the delay enough to compensate the frustation of not playing when it was intended to launch.

And now, i'm officially worried about Infamous Second Son launch date....

They could've gone the Forza way and make a big update! Really, the game is (or was) for free on PS+ anyway. Why not give racing fans a nice game to play with which gets even better?