By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Driveclub delayed. Its official.

Tagged games:

I don't think this will affect the launch to much, I expect both the PS4 and the X1 to be pretty much close to sold out during the holidays

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

I know this is a bit weird, but using results from the upcoming Most Wanted feature for November, here are the most anticipated remaining games of 2013.

Title Platform Publisher Points Votes
Super Mario 3D World Wii U Nintendo 105 28
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds 3DS Nintendo 57 20
Killzone Shadowfall PS4 Sony 32 8
Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus PS3 Sony 18 5
Gran Turismo 6 PS3 Sony 15 7
Tearaway Vita Sony 14 4
Ys: Memories of Celceta Vita Xseed 14 5
South Park: The Stick of Truth PS3 Ubisoft 13 4
Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse PC Revolution 10 3
South Park: The Stick of Truth PC Ubisoft 10 3

Note that games across platforms that scored at least 10 points total, like Call of Duty: Ghosts, are not here. They may be 10 or more points combining platforms, but there is little platform-specific support for these titles.

As for the big games of November and December, as listed here... well, look at them! No Xbox One games, and a single PS4. The Wii U only has one game too, but at least it is extremely anticipated! Only the PS3 has a good diverse lineup this holiday based on preliminary data.

I dunno. I think the initial launches of the PS4 and Xbone might be sales successes, but disappointing from a gamer's point of view. Much like the 3DS launch over two years ago, albeit to a lesser degree. In contrast, the Wii U had a couple of widely anticipated launch games (NSMBU, ZombiU, Assassin's Creed 3, and Epic Mickey 2 all did well a year ago, in advance of the Wii U launch). And even a strong launch did little to help after the new year. And considering how long it may take for the PS4/One to get games on a more regular basis than the PS360...

I think DriveClub's delay, much like the late Japanese launch of both systems, Watch Dogs being delayed, and the rumors about the One being rushed to market, suggest that this year was a bad one to release the new systems. Even waiting a couple of months for a Q1 release, like the 3DS and Vita had, might have been a better idea.

Love and tolerate.

Angelv577 said:
Drive club delayed?, so my ps4 preorder, I'm very dissapointed.

Resell your pre-order for a profit and buy it again next year when more games are available, and the ones that interest you are out.

flagstaad said:
Angelv577 said:
Drive club delayed?, so my ps4 preorder, I'm very dissapointed.

Resell your pre-order for a profit and buy it again next year when more games are available, and the ones that interest you are out.

Not a bad idea, thanks 

Well, that sucks. Game is going to lose out on a lot of sales from not being there at launch. Although this will help fill out the release schedule at the beginning of next year a bit.

Tell you what, I wonder how much of this has to do with the closure of Studio Liverpool & BigBig. My understanding is those 3 NW studios worked really closely on projects. Certainly BigBig almost seemed like a subsidiary of Evolution by the end.

And I tell you what... Psygnosis would've gotten a game out of the door for launch :P

Around the Network

Less than 50,000 preorders. Even Knack has more preorders. I don't think many will really disappointed other than those that were interested in the free PS+ version. I was interested in the free PS+ version, but since I'm not getting the PS4 until Infamous comes out anyways, doesn't really bother me.

All I preordered was KZSF anyways so its all god. I never intended to get drive club or watchdogs. Looking forward to DAIII, FFXV, The Witcher 3 and Diablo III ps4 version

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

This is sad. I have a ps4 pre-ordered along with copies of watchdog and killzone. Now that watch dogs and this have been delayed I am left with Killzone and ...... Madden? I am no longer so sure about my pre order

Who is John Galt?

3DS Friend Code : 2535-4338-9000 

AMD FX 8150 , 8 GB DDR3 Kingston Memory,  EVGA GTX 560 TI 2 GB superclocked, Samsung 256 GB SSD

CityOfNoobs said:
This is sad. I have a ps4 pre-ordered along with copies of watchdog and killzone. Now that watch dogs and this have been delayed I am left with Killzone and ...... Madden? I am no longer so sure about my pre order

Its not like its been cancelled. You can play it at at a later date.

This is not sad. The game will be better when it comes out!! Better graphics and more fps.

I hope the frame rate is fixed for knack before launch.