By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2013 NPD Thread! - PS3 > 360 (GTAV = system seller), Wii U: ~91k

Max King of the Wild said:
no hardware?

So far our best lead is

360 = ~170k
PS3 > 185k
3DS > PS3
Vita > 40k

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Honestly Brain Age is such a huge flop that even its fame of being a flop is a flop.

lol

the_dengle said:

Apparently NPD for September goes through the week ending October 5. So the first week of WW physical release.

NPD also tracked bundles which vgc didnt.

This isn't true at all.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:

This isn't true at all.

Not according to Creamsugar

So is it 100% or 200% on the Wii U cause 100% puts it pretty close to the Wedbush projections, which seem closer to the actual NPD numbers than the sites did.

Also the 360 getting over tracked by 90k is crazy but then again it seems like it is slightly under tracked world wide so it kind of evens out.

Also what is up with under tracking of the 3DS off like 50 this month and have been last several NPD's I think the site needs to make some adjustments on their US tracking.

Around the Network
cmeese47 said:
So is it 100% or 200% on the Wii U cause 100% puts it pretty close to the Wedbush projections, which seem closer to the actual NPD numbers than the sites did.

Also the 360 getting over tracked by 90k is crazy but then again it seems like it is slightly under tracked world wide so it kind of evens out.

Also what is up with under tracking of the 3DS off like 50 this month and have been last several NPD's I think the site needs to make some adjustments on their US tracking.

It's 200%. IGN messed up. Wii U was over 90k in September.

Link?

cmeese47 said:
Link?

Its over 90k, it was shown everywhere except ign which made the mistake. Cant find link though, but great numbers non the less!

cmeese47 said:
Link?

Nintendo themselves.

IGN doesn't do any research. They read the NPD report, reword it, and print it. They also claim the PS3 outsold the 360 in December of 2010. They probably arrived at this conclusion by counting backwards 32 months from September, assuming that the 360 began its streak after being bested by the PS3 that month. But (at least according to VGChartz numbers) they're wrong. The Wii was on top that month, then the 360, then the PS3. And I don't doubt those numbers, given VGChartz shows the 360 at nearly 2.2 million and the PS3 just over 1.2 million for that month. Tracking can be off, but by that much? Not likely.

outlawauron said:

This isn't true at all.

Not according to Creamsugar

Creamsugar knows whether VGC tracks  bundles? (they do)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.