By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2013 NPD Thread! - PS3 > 360 (GTAV = system seller), Wii U: ~91k

outlawauron said:

Creamsugar knows whether VGC tracks  bundles? (they do)

They don't when it is a download code.

VGC WW numbers are from the two days of the retail release.
Creamsugar numbers are from the WW Bundle+retail release.

Around the Network
Yakuzaice said:
outlawauron said:

Creamsugar knows whether VGC tracks  bundles? (they do)

They don't when it is a download code.

VGC WW numbers are from the two days of the retail release.
Creamsugar numbers are from the WW Bundle+retail release.

Didn't realize that Zelda was a download code. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hmm. NPD shows growth in average weekly 3DS hardware sales over August. The 3DS's two biggest releases this month came at the end, and combined for fewer than 30k sales. Last month it had Mario & Luigi, which sold over 100k. I suppose the Pokemon models may have played a part, but August saw the release of a new 3DS model as well (the Black XL), so that shouldn't cause too big of a discrepancy.

So... 3DS sales increased this month despite having no major new releases, and facing competition from the biggest release of the year... scratch that, the biggest release in the history of entertainment. That's pretty impressive!

So pretty decent all round I guess, aside from the 360.

Next month will be interesting.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Decent Wii U boost that! Not bad. Will have a full month of having a price cut now with a few games releasing at the end of the month. Mario is the big game though. I think it won't be enough for the Wii U but it is showing a bit of life.

Ps3 > 360 is a shock! I'm hoping the PS3 did reaalllly well cause I want the 3DS to do really well 3DS at 200k is a solid number for not having any big releases this month. I'm starting to think that it was severely undertracked in Pokemon week. Won't be surprised if 3DS numbers were adjusted upwards for this week.

Around the Network

Creamsugar updates with a pie chart:

It's not very helpful. Maybe someone can extrapolate accurate 360/PS3 numbers based on Wii U being between 90k and 100k.

What's gray? Vita? Why would Vita be on there but not 3DS though?

the_dengle said:

It's not very helpful. Maybe someone can extrapolate accurate 360/PS3 numbers based on Wii U being between 90k and 100k.

I assume gray is the Wii.

Tower said:
the_dengle said:

I assume gray is the Wii.

*facepalm* That makes sense. Thanks.

Looks like Wii tracking was about right, then. Going by 93k for Wii U, 169k for 360, 42k for Wii... PS3 looks like 200k. Which means 3DS was also over 200.

This is not an accurate analysis, though. I just threw some numbers into Excel and compared pies.

Okay, I tried a little, and got some numbers. I've established a low end based on 93k for Wii U:

Wii: 38k
360: 164k
PS3: 202k

These line up very well with the chart. I'm not sure where the 169k for 360 was coming from earlier, if someone could confirm that's accurate it would help.

If you want a high-end... ~97k for Wii U, ~39k for Wii, ~171k for 360, ~210k for PS3.

EDIT: Bam.

Wii ~41k
360 ~175k
PS3 ~212k
WiiU = 93k

It looks like PS3 might not have been undertracked at all, or at least not significantly. This means Wii U, Wii, and PS3 tracking was actually very solid last month. Good job VGChartz. But of course 360 and 3DS tracking were way off, and Vita was off by enough.

the_dengle said:

Okay, I tried a little, and got some numbers. I've established a low end based on 93k for Wii U:

Wii: 38k
360: 164k
PS3: 202k

These line up very well with the chart. I'm not sure where the 169k for 360 was coming from earlier, if someone could confirm that's accurate it would help.

If you want a high-end... ~97k for Wii U, ~39k for Wii, ~171k for 360, ~210k for PS3.

EDIT: Bam.

Wii ~41k
360 ~175k
PS3 ~212k
WiiU = 93k

It looks like PS3 might not have been undertracked at all, or at least not significantly. This means Wii U, Wii, and PS3 tracking was actually very solid last month. Good job VGChartz. But of course 360 and 3DS tracking were way off, and Vita was off by enough.

So 3DS > 212k? That's actually quite impressive considering the GTA 5 bundle for the PS3! Wonder how it'll do in October