By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - September 2013 NPD Thread! - PS3 > 360 (GTAV = system seller), Wii U: ~91k

kopstudent89 said:

So 3DS > 212k? That's actually quite impressive considering the GTA 5 bundle for the PS3! Wonder how it'll do in October

Even more impressive when you try to name the major releases that helped the 3DS get those sales. ...There weren't any. XD

As for October, I think 300k is a given, even with only 4 weeks compared to September's 5. Someone threw down the gauntlet in another thread, implying that the 3DS wouldn't exceed 400k, and I took the bait. So I think over 400k is possible.

It would have to average 100k per week to do that. Applying the ~12k/week upward adjustment we get from 3DS>212k in September, we have it at about 79k the week of Pokemon's release. It's probably still undertracked.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:
kopstudent89 said:

So 3DS > 212k? That's actually quite impressive considering the GTA 5 bundle for the PS3! Wonder how it'll do in October

Even more impressive when you try to name the major releases that helped the 3DS get those sales. ...There weren't any. XD

As for October, I think 300k is a given, even with only 4 weeks compared to September's 5. Someone threw down the gauntlet in another thread, implying that the 3DS wouldn't exceed 400k, and I took the bait. So I think over 400k is possible.

It would have to average 100k per week to do that. Applying the ~12k/week upward adjustment we get from 3DS>212k in September, we have it at about 79k the week of Pokemon's release. It's probably still undertracked.

I agree, I honestly can't see Animal Crossing having a bigger boost in its first week than Pokemon + 2DS. I do hope the 3DS surprises us and does like 500k for the month :P

fast adjustments. Congratulations...

kowenicki said:
so once again US is way off on software and hardware.... but the other numbers here are fine yeah?

I must admit that this seems strange....

I hope the 2DS flops and people keep buying the 3DS as that is one ugly hand held

Around the Network
cmeese47 said:
I hope the 2DS flops and people keep buying the 3DS as that is one ugly hand held

it wont

kowenicki said:
so once again US is way off on software and hardware.... but the other numbers here are fine yeah?

Japan is since we get that straight from Media Create and Famitsu, not sure about Europe though

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Well, what a month.  Glad we got some Creamsugar leaks.  W101, at least compared to performance in EU/JP, isn't that terrible.  Won't be breaking the 100k barrier any time soon though.

Shame Rune Factory didn't sell better too.  I like that series; and I like XSeed.  Not bad sales by any stretch though.

Vita sales, too, surprised me.  Not a turnaround, but miles better than they were.  And of course, excellent for PS3 and impressive from Wii-U.

ethomaz said:
Sugarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Killzone ~ 41k
RF4 ~ 17k
EOU < 10k

Those Killzone numbers are the best thing about this thread though.  Not the massive smash-hit I was hoping it would be, but I fucking knew that the 17k we had it at was ridiculous.  Less than Soul Sacrifice & Muramasa first month sales.  About half of Dragon's Crown.  Less than it sold in Japan.  Was ridiculous.  Hoping it gets adjusted sooner rather than later because it has won the race to 100k now (embarrassingly :P)

italo244 said:

I noticed that. There is no FW in NA for Little Big Planet, and they added the NA numbers of FIFA 2013 on FIFA Soccer. Awful.

If we're talking about bad Vita tracking, then CreamSugar also leaked some LTD sales in May this year:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5450611

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ and Dead or Alive 5+ still have 0 sales in the USA, even though they were given to us on a gold platter.

cmeese47 said:

It's pretty selfish to wish for such a thing, as there are other people who'd want that which you don't.

On the other hand, if Amazon.com/.co.uk are any indicators, the 2DS isn't selling good at all. It hasn't gone higher than position 29 on the best selling video games section since it's been added to the website. So your evil wish may be fulfilled.

The 3DS has a 2D mode I did not see the need for such a crazy remodel.