By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [RUMOR] NBA 2K14 Download Version on PS4/XO Requires 50-60GB HDD Space?

ethomaz said:

daredevil.shark said:

Sorry for off topic question. Is resogun digital only? Or will it have retail version?

Digital only.

Damn. Ohhh well. It wasnt in my wishlist. There are lots of other game. Thanks for the info.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
soulfly666 said:

This is exactly why the digital only consoles is such a bad idea. I have been able to get by with an 80GB PS3 but not without deleting tons of things over the years...Imagine if the Vita was digital only?

You dont have to imagine. Look at psp go. It bombed because of being digital only.

PSP Go was the first to test digital-only but makes the most sense as portables are best digital.  I think the downfall with the PSP Go was the lack of games on PSN for the PSP.  Some of the best PSP games are still not on PSN to date.  But that's changing with PSV and their games on PSN, which is why a large number of PSV owners game library are digital.

Personally, PSP Go was/is way ahead of its time and the best gaming device ever created.

soulfly666 said:
ethomaz said:
soulfly666 said:
Possibly stupid question...Will PS4 actually be able to run games off an external HDD?

No (at least not announced)... you can change the HDD.

Edit - GTAV have issues intalled on internal HDD... I can't see external HDD installations working fine for next-gen games

I wonder if it will take an SSD?

An SSD of any substantial size and good quality will cost you more than a PS4. I honestly doubt it would be worth the tiny performance gain.

chapset said:
Locknuts said:
Just plug in an external HDD or upgrade the HDD. Problem solved who want to go digital. 500GB feels kinda small now.

How about the downloading, I remember downloading empire total war from steam 12-15 Gb and it took freaking 6hours and my internet speed is far from shit

That's not really an issue with PS+.

Preordered title start automatic download as soon as they are released.

PS : with the internet speed you list it would take 1h40 to download 12Gb...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Full Digital gaming console, bad idea CONFIRM.

I hope not all games are this huge :/

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

hey, that would be still a much shorter download for most as when i download a 3gb game!

chapset said:
Locknuts said:
Just plug in an external HDD or upgrade the HDD. Problem solved who want to go digital. 500GB feels kinda small now.

How about the downloading, I remember downloading empire total war from steam 12-15 Gb and it took freaking 6hours and my internet speed is far from shit

The most impressive thing about that speedtest is the incredibly low ping. I wish I could get speeds and low ping like that.

guys every game will be automatically installed. even if it is physical. so disk size is still a problem!

Ail said:
chapset said:
Locknuts said:

if I torrent maybe around 2hours but when I download from legit servers I don't get the same download speed. I get 2.2MB/s when I torrent but about 600KB/s to 1MB/s when I download from steam, blizzard, PSN or XBL

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
Ail said:
chapset said:
Locknuts said:

if I torrent maybe around 2hours but when I download from legit servers I don't get the same download speed. I get 2.2MB/s when I torrent but about 600KB/s to 1MB/s when I download from steam, blizzard, PSN or XBL

That's actually pretty low and doesn't match your speedtest at all...

Heck with these speed you can not reliably watch HD streaming...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !