By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [RUMOR] NBA 2K14 Download Version on PS4/XO Requires 50-60GB HDD Space?

Locknuts said:
Just plug in an external HDD or upgrade the HDD. Problem solved who want to go digital. 500GB feels kinda small now.

Possibly stupid question...Will PS4 actually be able to run games off an external HDD?

Around the Network
soulfly666 said:
Possibly stupid question...Will PS4 actually be able to run games off an external HDD?

No (at least not announced)... you can change the HDD.

Edit - GTAV have issues intalled on internal HDD... I can't see external HDD installations working fine for next-gen games

ethomaz said:
soulfly666 said:

No (at least not announced)... you can change the HDD.

Edit - GTAV have issues intalled on internal HDD... I can't see external HDD installations working fine for next-gen games

I wonder if it will take an SSD?

soulfly666 said:
Locknuts said:
Just plug in an external HDD or upgrade the HDD. Problem solved who want to go digital. 500GB feels kinda small now.

Not stupid, I had to ask the same thing. And no, it doesn't look like it. But you'll supposedly be able to upgrade it ala PS3. It's a neater looking solution IMO, if a bit inconvenient, as I have a few external HDDs but no spare notebook drives lying around.

Locknuts said:

How about the downloading, I remember downloading empire total war from steam 12-15 Gb and it took freaking 6hours and my internet speed is far from shit

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
soulfly666 said:

This is exactly why the digital only consoles is such a bad idea. I have been able to get by with an 80GB PS3 but not without deleting tons of things over the years...Imagine if the Vita was digital only?

You dont have to imagine. Look at psp go. It bombed because of being digital only.

ethomaz said:

Welcome next-gen.

Sorry for off topic question. Is resogun digital only? Or will it have retail version?

chapset said:
Locknuts said:

How about the downloading, I remember downloading empire total war from steam 12-15 Gb and it took freaking 6hours and my internet speed is far from shit

True, server bandwidth will be an issue. You can get 100mbps but if the server won't allow it, it's like driving a Ferrari in peak hour traffic.

daredevil.shark said:

Sorry for off topic question. Is resogun digital only? Or will it have retail version?

Digital only.

Im glad the ps4 can easily be upgraded with a new HD, that should help if I chose to buy more digital. as of now there is no way. physical copies are the way for me. 50-60 GB for a game is insane on a 500 GB hd.