By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [RUMOR] NBA 2K14 Download Version on PS4/XO Requires 50-60GB HDD Space?

Very disappointed. With higher prices on digital titles months after release compared to retail, I might change my digital only ways.

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
guys every game will be automatically installed. even if it is physical. so disk size is still a problem!

This is certain needed data isn't it? (like some PS3 games) Not full entire game discs.

GAF insider kinda of confirmed it.

soulfly666 said:
walsufnir said:
guys every game will be automatically installed. even if it is physical. so disk size is still a problem!

This is certain needed data isn't it? (like some PS3 games) Not full entire game discs.

No, both Sony and MS said that the whole disc is going to be copied on disk. I am too lazy to find it now but Cerny said this. PS4 will do this while you are playing.

RIP digital lol.

Around the Network

Its already this gen.. uncharted 3 is a 45 gb download and needs 90gb to install..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Sounds like 2K is horrible at compression.

walsufnir said:
soulfly666 said:
walsufnir said:

No, both Sony and MS said that the whole disc is going to be copied on disk. I am too lazy to find it now but Cerny said this. PS4 will do this while you are playing.

WOW!  I wasn't aware of this....500GB is way too small if that is the case.  SO in 1.5 years they will release the 2 TB model, for prob less money too........LAME.  Another 4GB Vita memory card debacle possibly?

soulfly666 said:
walsufnir said:
soulfly666 said:
walsufnir said:

WOW!  I wasn't aware of this....500GB is way too small if that is the case.  SO in 1.5 years they will release the 2 TB model, for prob less money too........LAME.  Another 4GB Vita memory card debacle possibly?

Well, we will see. But really I think this is ridiculous in terms of size.

walsufnir said:
soulfly666 said:
walsufnir said:
soulfly666 said:
walsufnir said:

Well, we will see. But really I think this is ridiculous in terms of size.

If you think this is rediculous then imagine every game that's going to use john carmacks megatexture technology. (Digital distribution is ways off.) 

Hell we might even have games that spans 2 bluray discs for all we know in the coming generation.