By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 41 ( Oct. 7 - Oct 13 )

Panama said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:
I said 60k for the Vita. spot on.

Now... where is the new floor?

Somewhere between purgatory and hell :D

Is this the new vita tv dongle thing?

Nah, the Vita 2000 with an inferior screen :^)

Vita tv comes out in November.

Holy shit the 2000 has some major improvements....but losing the oled....that sucks.
20% thinner? 15% lighter? New colors? More battery life? Oh man, why couldn't this have had an oled.

IIRC PSPs screen got progressively better over time. The 3000 screen was beautiful compared to the previous 2.

Around the Network

No one surprised with GTAV sales on PS3?!.. and actually surprised me that the game released on 360 overthere, i thiugh that console was already dead and no one would publish western games in Japan...

DoYou Want DOZENS OF NO GAEMZ?! then... Visit the Official PlayStation Vita Tread

Go vita!!!! So proud :')

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Goodness gracious, what a week.  Shame I wasn't around to share my thoughts within the first 100 replies, for my favourite thread every week :'(.  Here they are anyway:

- Pokemans is the main thing this week.  Of course, I will start out by saying: extremely good numbers.  But I was kinda expecting a little more, based off COMG rankings & pre-order numbers.  Media Create only tracked an extra ~250k sales on top of the pre-orders?  Seems off.

- GTA 5 extremely nice.  Pretty much in-line with the COMG weekly.  Western games in Japan (which aren't Call of Duty) live!

- Danganronpa beat my expectations for it by about 20k, very pleasing indeed.  I think Spike Chunsoft should be very pleased with those figures too; guess it helped them a lot to be releasing the same week as a remodel.

- Tales of Symphonia, however, doesn't seem too great.  I suppose it's in-line with a HD remake in a series with Tales' popularity in Japan, but still - could be higher.

- Soccer Manager - I had no idea what to expect from this.  Seems in line with what COMG were predicting.  Bit overshipped if Famitsu is anything to go by, though.

- Fairy Fencer F - was honestly expecting a bit more from this.  With that said, Famitsu is reporting it close to sold out, and figures of this amount - even if not impressive in the grand scheme of things - should be very good for Compile Heart, so that's good.

- I wonder what gave Legend of Heroes Vita better legs this week than the PS3 version.  New model actually helping keep that game in the charts?

Onto hardware: 3DS doing absolutely great, as expected.  Vita, however, beat my expectations by about 3x.  Anyone who'd seen me around previous Media Creates or COMG threads would know that I wasn't expecting another 60k+ week.  Maybe just my own pessimism, but threads like this didn't help either.  I remember seeing a post on GAF saying that "the bar" for Vita should be PSP Go's FW, which iirc was about 28k.  I was kinda expecting something even lower than that, so I'm very very pleased with these numbers.  It won't last; but I'm still pleased with them.  Incidentally, why isn't Media Create tracking the models separately like it does with the 3DS models?

On the other end of the spectrum, Wii-U.  Deary me.  I know people are waiting for the new bundles, but could we potentially see a sub-3k week before they come out?

theprof00 said:
Panama said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:

Holy shit the 2000 has some major improvements....but losing the oled....that sucks.
20% thinner? 15% lighter? New colors? More battery life? Oh man, why couldn't this have had an oled.

IIRC PSPs screen got progressively better over time. The 3000 screen was beautiful compared to the previous 2.

It's a matter of price.  For the Vita to be viable in the long termas a niche console, Sony has to be able to make the actual hardware reasonably profitable.  The screen is one of the most expensive components of the system (probably the most), so it's an easy place to cut back.  Smart move.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

Nope.

You're wrong.  Its obvious to anyone that can add up.

Oh, i took you deflecting me calling you out on to the 3k baseline as admittance of guilt considering thats what guilty people do. You are also saying kresnik cant add. Tsk tsk

Sony announced Playstation Vita 2000 as replacement of the first model, isn't it ? The question is : do people buy a majority of Playstation Vita 2000 or do they buy the ancient model in fear not finding it anymore ?

Great download numbers for Pokémon - I guess that is the difference between numbers -

Switch!!!

theprof00 said:
Panama said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:

Thats a funny link in your sig lol

fedfed said:
Great download numbers for Pokémon - I guess that is the difference between numbers -

What are the download numbers?