By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 41 ( Oct. 7 - Oct 13 )

Nintendo-Europe said:
Sony announced Playstation Vita 2000 as replacement of the first model, isn't it ? The question is : do people buy a majority of Playstation Vita 2000 or do they buy the ancient model in fear not finding it anymore ?

I think the 3G version will still be the OLED model.  At least for awhile.

Danganronpa did awesome, in my opinion.  Those sales are an excellent sign for the next game, which I think releases on the Vita next year.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
theprof00 said:
Panama said:
theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:
I said 60k for the Vita. spot on.

Now... where is the new floor?

Somewhere between purgatory and hell :D

Is this the new vita tv dongle thing?

Nah, the Vita 2000 with an inferior screen :^)

Vita tv comes out in November.

Holy shit the 2000 has some major improvements....but losing the oled....that sucks.
20% thinner? 15% lighter? New colors? More battery life? Oh man, why couldn't this have had an oled.

IIRC PSPs screen got progressively better over time. The 3000 screen was beautiful compared to the previous 2.

Thats a funny link in your sig lol

It could really use some updating. Maybe this Sunday when I'm not doing anything important.

Oh SHIT. When is the ten week countdown???

Viktor said:

There were really some very uninformed predictions. To be honest PSV this week sold exactly what I anticipated in fact I even was spot on with 60k units and thought that some ridiculously low estimates were made by uninformed people and people lowballing on purpose.

PSV2000 launched with 6 different colors and 14 games (4 of them new)

We have seen time and time again that even something as little as a new color pushes handheld sales and PSV has been no exception so far, in this case we even had 6 at the same time and on top of that even a revision.

So I couldn´t take anyone seriously that expected this weeks PSV numbers to be lower than what the complete bomb PSPgo did in its first week.

Please,

with thread like this. Obviously people would lower there prediction.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=170040&page=1#

I don't call that Uninformed.

And with LCD vs Oled debacle.

"I think the 3G version will still be the OLED model."

Is this model able connect to Wifi access points ?  In Japan, is it possible to purchase a 3G subscription with the operator of your choice (I do not think it is possible in France...) ?

The vita was temporarily revived in japan I guess.

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
Viktor said:

There were really some very uninformed predictions. To be honest PSV this week sold exactly what I anticipated in fact I even was spot on with 60k units and thought that some ridiculously low estimates were made by uninformed people and people lowballing on purpose.

PSV2000 launched with 6 different colors and 14 games (4 of them new)

We have seen time and time again that even something as little as a new color pushes handheld sales and PSV has been no exception so far, in this case we even had 6 at the same time and on top of that even a revision.

So I couldn´t take anyone seriously that expected this weeks PSV numbers to be lower than what the complete bomb PSPgo did in its first week.

Please,

with thread like this. Obviously people would lower there prediction.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=170040&page=1#

I don't call that Uninformed.

And with LCD vs Oled debacle.

In fact that proofs my point. Or did you see huge lines whenever 3DS sold over 50k units on a regular week? This shows that some simply just have no idea. Neither this weeks PSV hardware sales nor PSV software warranted big lines. Sales just weren´t that good to make it possible. But going from no big lines to expecting it doing noticeably worse than PSPgo is really quite a leap. That´s something only uninformed people would expect and people lowballing for obvious reasons would tell in my opinion.

About "datOled" debacle. Surprise no one cares besides some nerds and fans that hype everything. Just take a look at threads about PSV2000 and you will see alot of people that hyped "datOled" having no problem with the revision.

Viktor said:

In fact that proofs my point. Or did you see huge lines whenever 3DS sold over 50k units on a regular week? This shows that some simply just have no idea. Neither this weeks PSV hardware sales nor PSV software warranted big lines. Sales just weren´t that good to make it possible. But going from no big lines to expecting it doing noticeably worse than PSPgo is really quite a leap. That´s something only uninformed people would expect and people lowballing for obvious reasons would tell in my opinion.

About "datOled" debacle. Surprise no one cares besides some nerds and fans that hype everything. Just take a look at threads about PSV2000 and you will see alot of people that hyped "datOled" having no problem with the revision.

Sorry, but none of that proves these people are uninformed. The informed based their projections on the cureent state the Vita was in. The informed based their projections on trends in the past. Face it, this increase is mostly unexpected. No color/revision/game/price drop increased sales by 1600% and thinking it would wasnt based off any information other than being optimistic. Thats called faith my friend. Not being informed

So Monster hunter is bigger than Pokemon? Looks that way.

Max King of the Wild said:

Sorry, but none of that proves these people are uninformed. The informed based their projections on the cureent state the Vita was in. The informed based their projections on trends in the past. Face it, this increase is mostly unexpected. No color/revision/game/price drop increased sales by 1600% and thinking it would wasnt based off any information other than being optimistic. Thats called faith my friend. Not being informed

Obviously you are really uninformed (what a surprise) 3DS actually had a percentual increase of 4700% (Media Create) and an even bigger one with Famitsu data when 3DS dropped in price.

Viktor said:
Max King of the Wild said:

Obviously you are really uninformed (what a surprise) 3DS actually had a percentual increase of 4700% (Media Create) and an even bigger one with Famitsu data when 3DS dropped in price.

Before the announcement of the price cut the 3DS had 32k in sales. People would be able to predict 200k off of that alone. PsV before new modle was announced 7k... seriously... 60k is a greater increase than 32 to 200k but whatever. Think you are oh so informed lol