By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 41 ( Oct. 7 - Oct 13 )

benao87 said:

It's only a mention. #50 is Pikmin 3, it's very likely that Vice City did not charted, they won't be able to sell what has not been in production for years.

Just let us have this one last hurrah :(

Around the Network
naruball said:

Dude, you keep calling people "uninformed", but you've provided no compelling evidence on why your guess was more educated than others'. Your reasons don't add up no matter how many times you repeat them. The whole revision model argument based on pspgo numbers is weak. The pspgo did similar numbers when the psp was a hot item. The vita hasn't ever been popular anywhere (apart from launch week, when it was still beaten by 3ds). Similarly, previous ninty handhelds were always popular, so a new model actually made sense to sell well. You keep forgetting that the new model's release concided with the release of Pokemon, which made 3ds an even more pupular item. Even when the psvita had its first important price cut and a huge exclusive with good sales (Soul Sacrifice), it did around 60k. And we've seen diffrent colours move some hardware, but not to this extent.

Just because you got the numbers right, that doesn't make you smarter or your accusations of "lowballing" valid. I've predicted sales of both hardware and software correctly based on false assumptions, while people who knew more than I did got it wrong. It still doesn't make my prediction(s) any better; it was more of a lucky guess. Same with you. Your pspgo argument makes no sense, your OLED argument about nerds is pure speculation apart from insulting and your prediction was thus accurate for all the wrong reasons.

Feel free to believe that your opinion is better than others. Freedom of speech and all that jazz. 

OT: Really happy both for the vita and gta5 selling so well. Can't wait to see if the psvita will have a similar impact. Also nice to see some vita games pulling decent numbers, even surpassing the ps3 versions. Pokemon numbers are great (more than any ps3 game has ever sold), but still expected a bit more. Definitely gonna have to buy a 3ds and see how much it has improved over the years.

In my previous posts in this thread I already mentioned some of the factors which I took into consideration, while others simply based their prediction on the sales after the PSV 2000 announcement. Others that I didn´t mention were the shortterm effect of the price-cut earlier this year and sales spikes whenever a notable game released this year.

Taking everything into account and still expect something ridiculous like ~20k units or even lower wouldn´t make any sense (even more so if we take into account that the performance includes the old PSV model as well), so obvious lowballing and uninformed predictions are more likely in my opinion.

Kresnik said:
benao87 said:

It's only a mention. #50 is Pikmin 3, it's very likely that Vice City did not charted, they won't be able to sell what has not been in production for years.

Just let us have this one last hurrah :(

Sorry man, one has to always be careful the sanity levels of the discussion, otherwise things like this appear: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=115961

We have lost so many respected users.... :(   very sad, very sad indeed .... :P