By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create,Famitsu, & dengeki: week 41 ( Oct. 7 - Oct 13 )

kowenicki said:

I would have thought it was rather obvious.

What this means is that no month this year has averaged below 10k per week and most are above 15k per week. 

September is excluded because sales dropped on expectation of the new machine

So 3k isnt nearer... is it.

I think we can end this now if you like.

We can drop this vecause of how much spin your using. Months old data does not reflect the current situation. Now, i agree sales dropped in September due to expecting a new bundle but i disagree that months old data is a reasonable thing to look at. The Vita was coming off of great titles over the summer and the biggest release in the last two and a half months was towards the end of september. Seriously, sales would have slipped in September without the new hardware. The new hardware helped more than you originally implied

Around the Network

in two week Vita sold 63k !!!! so horrible that number in two week

3Ds its a Giant and Fenomenal
Wii U Need Mario

GREAT opening for GTA V. I know a few (Japanese) people who were very excited for this game and jealous that I already had it (they wouldn't be able to play it in English).

Vita not doing bad. But I hope God Eater 2 will give it a bigger boost, I think some people are holding off until that game releases. I don't expect much from Vita TV tbh.

3DS and Pokémon beasts as usual. WiiU needs a price cut in Japan too, even though it was already cheaper to begin with.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

kowenicki said:
I said 60k for the Vita. spot on.

Now... where is the new floor?

Somewhere between purgatory and hell :D

Is this the new vita tv dongle thing?

theprof00 said:
kowenicki said:
I said 60k for the Vita. spot on.

Now... where is the new floor?

Somewhere between purgatory and hell :D

Is this the new vita tv dongle thing?

Nah, the Vita 2000 with an inferior screen :^)

Vita tv comes out in November.

Around the Network
colafitte said:
GTA V 360k on ps3 1st week...... wow, according to vgchartz GTA IV was 123k 1st week and is 413k lifetime
Black Ops 2, was 200k 1st week almost a year ago and is now in 504k units sold.

Can GTA V reach 1 million in Japan on PS3 alone??

I doubt that, but it'll be close and certainly above the two.

And YES I predicted just right 60k for the Vita ! Danganronpa sold great too if you bear in mind the fact that two games are available on PS Store. and this is just a compilation of the two remade.

Too bad Pokemon didn't make it to the 2M but it's just two days, maybe 600k next week?

"How low can you go ?"

Max King of the Wild said:

We can drop this vecause of how much spin your using. Months old data does not reflect the current situation. Now, i agree sales dropped in September due to expecting a new bundle but i disagree that months old data is a reasonable thing to look at. The Vita was coming off of great titles over the summer and the biggest release in the last two and a half months was towards the end of september. Seriously, sales would have slipped in September without the new hardware. The new hardware helped more than you originally implied

The only one spinning and moving goalposts right now are you.

Viktor said:

The only one spinning and moving goalposts right now are you.

Please go educate on what spinning is. Kowenicki pretty much already admitted to it. Also go fact check kowenicki and youll see how misleading(spin) hispost was

In repsonse to the question about Vita's new baseline, I think it'll be around 18k. We will only see it now after Christmas though, sadly.

And if you add in the Vita TV, maybe around 25k. A dramatic improvement, but Japan was never really the problem. No, that was more "everywhere else"

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.