By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD vs GTA vs Pokemon who will bank the most?

Who will bank the most?

Pokemon 165 40.54%

COD 29 7.13%

GTA 182 44.72%

candy crush bitches! 30 7.37%

Total:406
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
Pokemon makes more raw profit.

lol to the raw :P

Around the Network
aikohualda said:
DucksUnlimited said:
aikohualda said:
DucksUnlimited said:
aikohualda said:
DucksUnlimited said:
aikohualda said:
DucksUnlimited said:
carlos3189 said:
Obviously Pokemon, it's way cheaper to make, it won't drop price till next installment and sell tons of toys, cards and stuff. In a month, GTA is gonna be dropping price, it will take years for Pokemon to do that...

I doubt GTA will drop in a month, but even if it did Pokemon is already selling for $20 less. The majority of Pokemon copies will be sold at a lower price than the majority of GTA copies being sold. Not to mention the fact that Pokemon will sell far less copies overall. In terms of software revenue alone, Pokemon will take a pretty distant third. Merchandise could very well put it ahead though.

i never see pokemon lower their price after a few months.... except for pre owned ones of course...

When did I say anything about Pokemon lowering its price after a few months?

i over read :P can i say sorry to the cute guy in your avatar? :P

Shawn accepts.

i just hope he age well... most of the "boy band look" just dont age very well XD

Boy band? He's a psychic detective!

boy band look!!! LOOOOK!

now you say sorry :P and it better come with a wet kiss LOL

DucksUnlimited said:
aikohualda said:
DucksUnlimited said:
aikohualda said:
DucksUnlimited said:
aikohualda said:
DucksUnlimited said:
carlos3189 said:
Obviously Pokemon, it's way cheaper to make, it won't drop price till next installment and sell tons of toys, cards and stuff. In a month, GTA is gonna be dropping price, it will take years for Pokemon to do that...

I doubt GTA will drop in a month, but even if it did Pokemon is already selling for $20 less. The majority of Pokemon copies will be sold at a lower price than the majority of GTA copies being sold. Not to mention the fact that Pokemon will sell far less copies overall. In terms of software revenue alone, Pokemon will take a pretty distant third. Merchandise could very well put it ahead though.

i never see pokemon lower their price after a few months.... except for pre owned ones of course...

When did I say anything about Pokemon lowering its price after a few months?

i over read :P can i say sorry to the cute guy in your avatar? :P

Shawn accepts.

i just hope he age well... most of the "boy band look" just dont age very well XD

Boy band? He's a psychic detective!

Not to mention he is 37  years old already.

btw when does new season start.  Haven't noticed any Psych on my dvr recently so hasn't yet.

GTA most definitely.

Rankings for LT sales:
1) GTA V
2) COD Ghosts
3) Pokemon XY

Rankings for profits:
1) Pokemon XY
2) COD Ghosts
3) GTA V

It will literally be reversed. Most sales doesn't always mean most profit. Pokemon costs significantly less to make compared to the HD console games. COD also will cost much less than GTA given it is a new iteration on an established yearly franchise. GTA's budget was crazy and they'll need a LOT of units sold just to break even, before they can start making profits. This of course doesn't take into account that Pokemon goes beyond just video games. With each new generation there is a slew of trading cards, anime show, merchandise, etc that will rake in the profits as well.

Around the Network

GTA because of the power of microtransations

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Though pokemon is cheaper to make. They sell at 40 bucks a copy compared to GTAV's 60 bucks. Divide it in have and that's ~10 dollars more per game for GTAV.  GTAV is going to pretty much going to sell in all likelyhood all of pokemon's sales in it's FM at full price. Over 25 million copies that's 250 million dollars which is close to the dev cost.

GTAV has microtransactions too. An inevitable DLC, likely PC version as well. Though if I remember theres a pokemon thing at 5 dollars a month.

Though if you're including pokemon merchandising it becomes murkey and could very well come out ahead, and if someone would have to provide past numbers I would change my answer..

GTA>CoD>Pokemon.

Man I would have to know how well the pokemons toys, animes, and cards still do.

ishiki said:

Though pokemon is cheaper to make. They sell at 40 bucks a copy compared to GTAV's 60 bucks. Divide it in have and that's ~10 dollars more per game for GTAV. GTAV is going to pretty much going to sell in all likelyhood all of pokemon's sales in it's FM at full price.

GTAV has microtransactions too. An inevitable DLC, likely PC version as well. Though if I remember theres a pokemon thing at 5 dollars a month.

Though if you're including pokemon merchandising it becomes murkey, and someone would have to provide past numbers based on that for me to change my answer.

GTA has royalties.

And the cash divide with retailers is down percentage wise.

So the handheld games still make more money