By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - COD vs GTA vs Pokemon who will bank the most?

Who will bank the most?

Pokemon 165 40.54%

COD 29 7.13%

GTA 182 44.72%

candy crush bitches! 30 7.37%

Total:406
Dr.EisDrachenJaeger said:
ishiki said:

Though pokemon is cheaper to make. They sell at 40 bucks a copy compared to GTAV's 60 bucks. Divide it in have and that's ~10 dollars more per game for GTAV. GTAV is going to pretty much going to sell in all likelyhood all of pokemon's sales in it's FM at full price.

GTAV has microtransactions too. An inevitable DLC, likely PC version as well. Though if I remember theres a pokemon thing at 5 dollars a month.

Though if you're including pokemon merchandising it becomes murkey, and someone would have to provide past numbers based on that for me to change my answer.

GTA has royalties.

And the cash divide with retailers is down percentage wise.

So the handheld games still make more money

where's the information that publishers make a different percentage on handheld titles than nonhandheld? That would change my answer.

As far as I'm aware the videogame industry in the past licenses music as noted in that Daz thread instead of paying royalties, and the actors get no royalties as well which would be included in the astronomical dev cost. Though obviously things could have changed from a few years ago.

Around the Network

Common sense^

Common sense^

how?

Why would a retailer want to sell a handheld game not at double wholesale cost. But want to sell a console game at double wholesale cost? A lot of times retailers more than double wholesale cost. It could go either way.

They're different products for different markets with different business terms^

They're different products for different markets with different business terms^

ofcourse, but how do you know the markup's not less, or the same rules apply?

Based on what.

All you've said, is that you think the retailer gets less of a cut and nintendo more of a cut based on no evidence. Soda Markup from fountain machines is like 1000%. I'm not sure where you magically get the markup is less on handheld games based on common sense.

Ofcourse you can think that and use that as your reasoning as to why pokemon will bank more as I have no evidence to the contrary. But you can't use what you think as evidence against what someone else thinks.

Around the Network

GTA.

Doesn't pokemon sell for $30?? Instantly halves revenue and profit, not that it will even get to 25m.

GTAV will surpass 25m this holiday alone.

GTA V will outsell them both combined as for profits that would got to GTA V...but not by two much.

I'd go with Pokémon. Its not going to push as many copies as GTA or COD but it also costs a lot less to make and will have revenue from the cartoon and toys, cards, etc.Plus it has broader appeal. Everyone can play pokemon or watch the show. not everyone can access GTA

ListerOfSmeg said:
I'd go with Pokémon. Its not going to push as many copies as GTA or COD but it also costs a lot less to make and will have revenue from the cartoon and toys, cards, etc.Plus it has broader appeal. Everyone can play pokemon or watch the show. not everyone can access GTA

The thing is, though it's sad, everyone can access GTA. Children shouldn't, but their parents still buy it for them anyways.

3DS Friend Code: 0533 - 6146 - 0418
PSN ID: atylerman5

GdaTyler said:
ListerOfSmeg said:

The thing is, though it's sad, everyone can access GTA. Children shouldn't, but their parents still buy it for them anyways.

Some parents but not all. Also not everyone owns a PS3 or 360. I know I dont. Few of my friends do as they are PC gamers. One got his first console ever this gen. He got a 360. He gets easily impressed with games and tells me how hard they are. I come over and blow through half the game in no time or solve a puzzle that had in stumped in a few minutes. There are after all 7 billion people on the planet and only 150 million or so PS360 out there, if that.

Tvs are in 90% or more homes in the US. Kids love animated shows and pokemon especially. The ad revenue the show will generate will top whatever revenue Rockstar gets from GTA