By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA 5: Rapper Wants Game Recalled Over Track Inclusion

Wow, I knew some on this side had some serious issues. This thread proves it

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
this guy... if he doesn't need the money as some of you claim, why is he being a greedy sob then?
he probably doesn't even own his own songs but the studio does.

Sigh...this is pathetic. Just because you have money doesn't mean people are allowed to steal from you. Not only that, it's been stated in this very thread that Daz owns the rights to all of his music. Several posters in this thread seem to think R* should be allowed to steal because they like GTA. Seriously people think about the situation rationally or don't post and show your ignorance.

Goatseye said:
Change the name from Daz to one of the heavy metal bands and this thread would've been boiling demanding heads to be rolling in R*.

There aren't any Heavy Metal bands in GTA5

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

wick said:
Goatseye said:
Change the name from Daz to one of the heavy metal bands and this thread would've been boiling demanding heads to be rolling in R*.

I didn't say they were in the game.

Goatseye said:
wick said:
Goatseye said:

I didn't say they were in the game.

So why would they sue Rockstar?

Wii FC: 6440 8298 7583 0720   XBOX GT: WICK1978               PSN: its_the_wick   3DS: 1676-3747-7846                                          Nintendo Network: its-the-wick

Systems I've owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, GBColor, N64, Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, GBAdvance, DSlite, PSP, Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PSVita, PS4, 3DS XL, Wii U

The best quote I've seen this year:

Angelus said: I'm a moron

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
kirby007 said:
this guy... if he doesn't need the money as some of you claim, why is he being a greedy sob then?

Sigh...this is pathetic. Just because you have money doesn't mean people are allowed to steal from you. Not only that, it's been stated in this very thread that Daz owns the rights to all of his music. Several posters in this thread seem to think R* should be allowed to steal because they like GTA. Seriously people think about the situation rationally or don't post and show your ignorance.

I admit i jumped it a bit hasty, so i started looking about, the second song isn't even his alone...  and the other is made by the other guy in his group?

my reevaluated conclusion this son is hopping on the bandwagon of lost fame

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Is he stupid or what ?

kirby007 said:
Darc Requiem said:
kirby007 said:

I admit i jumped it a bit hasty, so i started looking about, the second song isn't even his alone...  and the other is made by the other guy in his group?

my reevaluated conclusion this son is hopping on the bandwagon of lost fame

Daz isn't just a rapper he is also a producer like Dr. Dre. He fully owns the songs in question as well as his record label. Therefore he had to agree to the offer made by R*. If he didn't then they owe him because no one else would have the right to do it for him. Daz has been going through legal battles for years over his music and has always won. He will win this battle as well.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I don't understand why people are just taking his word for it in this thread? Innocent til proven guilty and all that? I'm not saying that he's wrong, but lets at least wait for Rockstar to respond before jumping on their back.

If you think about what is in this game and the history of its predecessors, do you not think this game would have gone through scores of legal reviews? Or the very plausible idea that given the..non-remarkability of these two tracks, that Rockstar would have been much more inclined to just find another artist and provide them the chance to get their music listened to by over 20 million people instead of just saying ' f*ck it, this is totally worth the risk of getting sued for millions'? This isn't some buried code like hot coffee that may have been missed by a legal review, this is in the game, on a track listing, easily accessible and reviewable part of the game content.

My money is on mis-communication between Daz and the respective labels ('nothing but a cavi hit' was released by Da Dogg Pound on the Priority Records label, which is owned by Capital records who in turn is owned by Universal Music Group. C-Walk was released by Kurupt on the A&M label, which is also owned by Universal Music Group).

happydolphin said:
Ji99saw said:
happydolphin said:

What a fucking moron. Not only that, but games nowadays can be patched live on consoles.

How is he a moron for wanting to be compensated for music that Rockstar used illegally, and not everyone that connects to the internet to receive a patch, GTA has been a heavenly single player game for years. Do you even read some of the stuff you post?

He's a moron for asking for a cease and desist. Who does he think he is? This is the fastest-selling game this year, is he retarded?

As for the patches, I realized the shortcomings of the suggestion when I posted it, but it's much more sensible than asking for a fucking recall.

Doesn't matter if it's sold one billion copies or just one. If (IF) Rockstar has taken the song without permission, and it's proven by lawyers, they're going to have to recall every last copy or (much more likely) pay the man more money to settle the case. If Rockstar did take it he's well within his rights to ask for a recall. The law protects everyone equally, even one bloke against Rockstar.

My Blog, Please Have A Read:

http://Proseandconsoles.blogspot.com