By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA 5: Rapper Wants Game Recalled Over Track Inclusion

Darc Requiem said:
I've lost respect for a lot of people in this thread. Rockstar stole from the guy. He's in he right period. If he was the jackass you all are pretending he is. He'd demand an immediate cease and desist and R* would really be screwed. It amazes me how quickly people are willing to throw the law when it pertains to something they like.

Side note: How would patching out the songs help the situation? I swear fans are worse than a companies enemies. By patching out his songs they'd be admitting they stole them in the first place. His lawyers would have a feel day.

Same here. I was actually shocked at some of the single-minded responses by some people on here.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

If I wasn't paid for my work I would be pissed to.

It's just that simple.

There are some morons in this thread. If he is correct, than he has every right to do this!

Change the name from Daz to one of the heavy metal bands and this thread would've been boiling demanding heads to be rolling in R*.

They can patch it to remove those two songs. Jermery Clarkson's commentary on the Delorean in autovista mode in Forza 4 was removed via a patch.

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
They can patch it to remove those two songs. Jermery Clarkson's commentary on the Delorean in autovista mode in Forza 4 was removed via a patch.

That still doens't negate the fact that, if his accusations are true, they used his songs without permission. Plus R* can't guarantee that every copy of the game will be patched.

after the recession what was the rapper thinking

Darc Requiem said:
Chris Hu said:

That still doens't negate the fact that, if his accusations are true, they used his songs without permission. Plus R* can't guarantee that every copy of the game will be patched.

I can only imagine how opinions would be different if instead of his songs being on a GTA game...   a GTA 5 was illegally released as part of one of his Blu-ray concert albums.

Kasz216 said:
Darc Requiem said:
Chris Hu said:

I can only imagine how opinions would be different if instead of his songs being on a GTA game...   a GTA 5 was illegally released as part of one of his Blu-ray concert albums.

Oh I think we know how'd that would go. This thread has been enlightening and disappointing at the same time.

This is snoop lions cousin, can understand why he would be angry using his material and not paying him for it, this will be settled with a cheque from Rockstar.