By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official gamrConnect Pokemon X/Y Thread (It's Finally Here!)

Tagged games:

Which Starter Will You Choose?

Chespin sows the seeds of greatness! 76 41.08%

Fennekin fires me up! 45 24.32%

Froakie washes away the competition! 50 27.03%

Total:171
MANUELF said:
Mr Khan said:

I was on the lookout. Every area i go into, i check the guide for which Pokemon are most rare, and for Route 16, they identified super-size Pumpkaboo.

Lost Hotel for Rotom, but damned if i can't get anything but items to come out of those trash cans.

I have heard Rotom only appears on Tuesday and that may be true because I found mine on a tuesday

I'll have to try tomorrow, then. I saved in Lost Hotel.

Thanks for the tip.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

The 3D being inconsistent is the most dissapointing thing for me as someone who plays his games in 3D.

Certain Dungeons have 3D, The rest don't, if there's a double battle it doesn't, there's slowdown on any spells that look real fancy. It isn't really excusable for a game that isn't technically advanced, on a platform for 3D, financed by the people who create said platform. It really hurts the presentation because of how inconsistent it is imo.

The story is also too easy, they should really create a hardcore mode or whatever.

With the negativity out of the way, it's still my favorite game of the year.

ishiki said:

The 3D being inconsistent is the most dissapointing thing for me as someone who plays his games in 3D.

Certain Dungeons have 3D, The rest don't, if there's a double battle it doesn't, there's slowdown on any spells that look real fancy. It isn't really excusable for a game that isn't technically advanced, on a platform for 3D, financed by the people who create said platform. It really hurts the presentation because of how inconsistent it is imo.

The story is also too easy, they should really create a hardcore mode or whatever.

With the negativity out of the way, it's still my favorite game of the year.

Gamefreak could easily fix this one, just make hard mode an option when starting the game like the one Black2/White 2 had but without the stupid beat the game to unlock thing

The hunt for the illusive 5 perfect IV Moxie DD/Outrage Salamence and Multiscale DD/Weakness Policy Dragonite is almost coming to an end. Took me a whole week of breeding, but the results will be amazing

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

osed125 said:

Multiplayer: this is by far the best aspect of the game. Some people say that this Pokemon is like an MMO, and I agree to some extent. You can battle against anyone you want around the globe. You can also trade with anyone anywhere. The wonder trade and battle spot feature are extremely good, there's something really addicting about trading a Pokemon you own for a random Pokemon from a Japanese guy;  you can get some really cool stuff with Wonder Trade (as long as the other guy is not a douche who trades a lvl 3 Pidgey ). The battles work great, and all the problems I had with the difficulty in the single player are mute here, I only had a chunk of Pokemon battles but they were really intense, and there's nothing more satisfying than defeating a noob who uses legendaries. All in all, multiplayer is awesome, and for anyone who wants a Pokemon MMO, I think this as close as we will get.

Nice review, and I agree with it all so far.

Apart from one thing...

http://pokemmo.eu/

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
The hunt for the illusive 5 perfect IV Moxie DD/Outrage Salamence and Multiscale DD/Weakness Policy Dragonite is almost coming to an end. Took me a whole week of breeding, but the results will be amazing

are you ready to battle me soon!!!

tbone51 said:
lestatdark said:

I know I wont be, didnt finish my team before exams. so I wont be playing Pokemon for like 2 weeks =(

tbone51 said:
lestatdark said:

Once I get these two and my Adamant Metagross, I'll be able to test them.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

brendude13 said:
osed125 said:

Multiplayer: this is by far the best aspect of the game. Some people say that this Pokemon is like an MMO, and I agree to some extent. You can battle against anyone you want around the globe. You can also trade with anyone anywhere. The wonder trade and battle spot feature are extremely good, there's something really addicting about trading a Pokemon you own for a random Pokemon from a Japanese guy;  you can get some really cool stuff with Wonder Trade (as long as the other guy is not a douche who trades a lvl 3 Pidgey ). The battles work great, and all the problems I had with the difficulty in the single player are mute here, I only had a chunk of Pokemon battles but they were really intense, and there's nothing more satisfying than defeating a noob who uses legendaries. All in all, multiplayer is awesome, and for anyone who wants a Pokemon MMO, I think this as close as we will get.

Nice review, and I agree with it all so far.

Apart from one thing...

http://pokemmo.eu/

Officially coming from Nintendo

Nintendo and PC gamer

lestatdark said:
tbone51 said:
lestatdark said:

Once I get these two and my Adamant Metagross, I'll be able to test them.

great! i'll see ya on the battle field