By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official gamrConnect Pokemon X/Y Thread (It's Finally Here!)

Tagged games:

Which Starter Will You Choose?

Chespin sows the seeds of greatness! 76 41.08%

Fennekin fires me up! 45 24.32%

Froakie washes away the competition! 50 27.03%

Total:171

Defeated olympia today, then moved on to Lysandre Labs.

I'm going to need to put Thunderbolt on my Scrafty temporarily to deal with his Gyrados later. I have no electric moves in my crew (and no-one can learn anything else). Thank god for re-usable TMs, as i can just swap it over Rock Smash and then put Rock Smash back on later.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lestatdark said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Blargh! Was on a 40+ win streak in super double battles at the battle maison, but then of course I lost to a trick room team. Though it wasn't really the trick room that done me in. I simply made a bad decision by not immediately switching Garchomp out for Aegislash, and then had tons of bad luck like para-flinch not working on the turns I really it needed to, and the clincher, my Aegislash getting frozen when he would have otherwise swept the opponent's entire team. Ahwells, I can do better next time, and I got more than enough BP to get a choice band for my Garchomp which was the main goal so it's all gewd.

Worse than losing to a Trick Room team is losing at a 49 win streak to a Quick Claw Rhydon which had a permanent activation rate . Bitch tore a new one on my Crobat and Delphox and left my Garchomp vulnerable for an Ice Shard from a Mamoswine.

By the way, did you add me on the FS? I couldn't keep up with the pokemon threads in the past days, so I don't know who added me or not.

lol you've been added for like 2 weeks now! Also, you should have instantly switched into Garchomp as he resist rock while your other Pokes get wrecked by it!

Wasn't counting on Quick Claw activating like that. I started with Crobat, thinking I could Confuse Ray him beforehand and he Stone Edged me. Switched to Delphox and tried to Grass Knot him, again QC activated and Stone Edged me again. Finally switched to Garchomp for a Earthquake coup de grace, QC activated once again and his Stone Edge Crit'd me for 75% damage before finally going down.

So are you ever gonna add me!? I'm gettin pretty jealous of all them Protean Greninjas I've been facing!

Gonna add you later today! 

Edit - Added you right now. Almost finishing my fifth competitive poke and currently having serious doubts for the last slot, since there's 4 different pokes I want to use. Probably gonna breed all four of them just to switch them around. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Inver, man, that guy doesn't fuck around. Shedinja is goddamn annoying when you're trying to work out how to bypass Wonder Guard in reverse...

Mr Khan said:
Inver, man, that guy doesn't fuck around. Shedinja is goddamn annoying when you're trying to work out how to bypass Wonder Guard in reverse...

It wasn't that hard for me. Once I sat down to think what could properly 2x inversely, Shedinja is actually more vulnerable in Inverse battles than regular ones. The easiest and most logical choice would be Normal (Immune to it regularly, 2x effective on Inverse) moves.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Mr Khan said:

It wasn't that hard for me. Once I sat down to think what could properly 2x inversely, Shedinja is actually more vulnerable in Inverse battles than regular ones. The easiest and most logical choice would be Normal (Immune to it regularly, 2x effective on Inverse) moves.

Ah, that's why. For some reason i was thinking Shedinja was Dark type <_>

What I ended up doing for the first fight was I kept resetting until i got a good matchup right off the start (Azumarill vs Gourgeist) then swept through with Venusaur vs Talonflame and Delphox vs Grumpig

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
lestatdark said:
Mr Khan said:

Ah, that's why. For some reason i was thinking Shedinja was Dark type <_>

What I ended up doing for the first fight was I kept resetting until i got a good matchup right off the start (Azumarill vs Gourgeist) then swept through with Venusaur vs Talonflame and Delphox vs Grumpig

I forgot that he was Bug/Ghost at first too, tried to hit him with Dark Pulse and it showed the immunity message, that was when it hit me .

Current PC Build

Anyone want to have a Rhydon and Rhyperior for their Pokedex? I need to evolve mine.

Been busy with other stuff and Ace Attorney the past week, but it's given me enough time to finally decide on a 6 man team (will probably need heavy editing, as I'm new). It's about time to get to online battling, haven't done a single one yet! I don't like losing, so going in with a half-assed team just wouldn't do it for me.

Mr Khan said:
Anyone want to have a Rhydon and Rhyperior for their Pokedex? I need to evolve mine.

Trade evolution? I could help you with that!

FC: 0731-5734-9143

c0rd said:

Been busy with other stuff and Ace Attorney the past week, but it's given me enough time to finally decide on a 6 man team (will probably need heavy editing, as I'm new). It's about time to get to online battling, haven't done a single one yet! I don't like losing, so going in with a half-assed team just wouldn't do it for me.

Why was your team half-assed in the first place lol? But anywho, I'd be willing to be your first online opponent!