By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official gamrConnect Pokemon X/Y Thread (It's Finally Here!)

Tagged games:

Which Starter Will You Choose?

Chespin sows the seeds of greatness! 76 41.08%

Fennekin fires me up! 45 24.32%

Froakie washes away the competition! 50 27.03%

Total:171

I'm a bit late with this but here it is -

Dat Pidgeot art.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network

More Q&A fellas, sorry.

Does anybody know if you can put a Pokemon up for an online trade and search through which Pokemon you can get in return, rather than naming a specific one?

Well I tried the Elite 4 with my Pokemon at lvl 55...I failed

Manage to beat 3 and I almost beat the 4th one (the water trainer), I could have done it if I decided to use items in battle, but as a personal rule, I never use items during battles. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

brendude13 said:
More Q&A fellas, sorry.

Does anybody know if you can put a Pokemon up for an online trade and search through which Pokemon you can get in return, rather than naming a specific one?

What do you mean? Offering a pokemon and searching what you can get in return? If so the answer is no

MANUELF said:
brendude13 said:
More Q&A fellas, sorry.

What do you mean? Offering a pokemon and searching what you can get in return? If so the answer is no

Yeah, that's what I mean.

That kinda sucks.

Around the Network

Now that I finished the game I want to share my thoughts on it:

Gameplay: what can be said about the gameplay…is Pokemon.  It’s addicting and fun, is just like Pokemon is and how it will be till the end of times. Basic RPG turn based mechanics make it very easy to understand but with lots of room to plan strategies…the problem for me is that those strategies will rarely take place in single player mode, because there's no need for them considering how easy it is. However, during online battles this strategies that you planned during the course of the game will be very helpful, but I'll talk about multiplayer later.

Difficulty: like I mentioned above, the single player mode is very very easy. Pokemon is not known for being a hard game, but it was never this easy. During my adventures, I only had to restart a battle twice: one was because of a stupid decision and Mega Gyrados *shudders*, and the other was because my Pokemon were extremely underleveled during the Elite 4 (most Elite 4 Pokemon are around lvl 64 or so, mine were lvl 55). I beat the Elite 4 with my Pokemon between lvl 57 and 59. I want to mentioned that I never used the experience share, and throughout the whole adventure, my Pokemon were 4-5 lvls behind most trainer Pokemon. The difficulty took a lot of fun for me, and it was a big disappointment. 

Story: I'm probably one of the 3 people on Earth who cares about the story in a Pokemon game, but after Black and White which (surprisingly) had a very good story my expectations for the series in this regard increased. And the story was…meh. Team Flare had a really cool idea of trying to keep the world beautiful and all, but they could have done a lot more with that. Lysandre was lame, and he was literally the only member of Team Flare who had any impact, the rest that are not grunts or admins do absolutely nothing. The best part about the story is the tall guy which was the king of the land from 3000 years ago (how is he alive?). If the whole game was about him it would be a lot better than Team Flare.

Also, Shauna, Trevor and Tierno are annoying and stupid. Serena is the only cool one of the bunch.

Multiplayer: this is by far the best aspect of the game. Some people say that this Pokemon is like an MMO, and I agree to some extent. You can battle against anyone you want around the globe. You can also trade with anyone anywhere. The wonder trade and battle spot feature are extremely good, there's something really addicting about trading a Pokemon you own for a random Pokemon from a Japanese guy;  you can get some really cool stuff with Wonder Trade (as long as the other guy is not a douche who trades a lvl 3 Pidgey ). The battles work great, and all the problems I had with the difficulty in the single player are mute here, I only had a chunk of Pokemon battles but they were really intense, and there's nothing more satisfying than defeating a noob who uses legendaries. All in all, multiplayer is awesome, and for anyone who wants a Pokemon MMO, I think this as close as we will get.

All in all it was a fun game. There were things that really disappoint me, but the game is still addicting and multiplayer adds a lot of value. Now that I finished I will do some of the stuff in the after game, and from time to time do a Pokemon battle online, don't really expect to do hours and hours on this game. 

8/10

Nintendo and PC gamer

Spent today's session wandering around Route 16 and the Lost Hotel. Not much to say, except Pumpkaboo is indeed adorable.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Spent today's session wandering around Route 16 and the Lost Hotel. Not much to say, except Pumpkaboo is indeed adorable.

Try to go for a super size one, those are the best

MANUELF said:
Mr Khan said:

I was on the lookout. Every area i go into, i check the guide for which Pokemon are most rare, and for Route 16, they identified super-size Pumpkaboo.

Lost Hotel for Rotom, but damned if i can't get anything but items to come out of those trash cans.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
MANUELF said:
Mr Khan said:

I was on the lookout. Every area i go into, i check the guide for which Pokemon are most rare, and for Route 16, they identified super-size Pumpkaboo.

Lost Hotel for Rotom, but damned if i can't get anything but items to come out of those trash cans.

I have heard Rotom only appears on Tuesday and that may be true because I found mine on a tuesday