By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which video game franchises do you consider as day one purchases?

As gamers with a budget, we can't buy every game we want on day one. That's why we have our priorities! So which games do you always prioritize as day one purchases? They don't have to be established franchises. They can be new IPs as well! They can even be old and forgotten IPs.... I'm curious as to what all your choices are.

For me it is mainline Zelda series, mainline Final Fantasy games (except the MMOs and sequels), and mainline Metal Gear games. These three are always a must-have for me.

Around the Network

Metal Gear Solid. Ratchet. Wild ARMs. WipEout. 

Had I gone with my instinct instead of getting caught up in what were rose-tinted reviews, SSX would've been on this list too.

Armored Core, Tales, Disgaea, FF (even after getting burned by XIII, though, not sequels anymore)... hmm... most JRPG's that interest me... I'd say MGS, but I'm yet to get the Legacy collection... that's all that comes up.

for if its if ive played a game in the series and enjoyed it so like halo, fable, battlefield, when they finally come jade empire and kotor 3, or if the game really gets me hyped for it like titanfall and detsiny

Final Fantasy including sequals to mainline games... and MMO's I typically do beta, so I don't have to buy it.
Deus Ex
Soul's Series I bought Demon Soul's day 1 for no reason, I thought it was gonna be bad too. But I bought it anyways! Then Bought Dark Soul's day1 on X360, then again on PC...
Elder Scrolls

Around the Network

Isn't this just another way of asking what are your favorite game series?

Civilization is the only one left I buy day one.

Slimebeast said:

well, sorta... Zelda is one of my favorite videogame series (3rd), but I've never boughten one day 1. I just lack urgency with nintendo games for whatever reason.
But I'm weird.

Slimebeast said:

Favorite game series can be dead or finished, this has to be about something that keeps on going.

Grand Theft Auto.