By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which video game franchises do you consider as day one purchases?

Recently Skyrim and Diablo 3.

Everything else drops in price too fast to justify a day one purchase. Surprisingly even 3ds games.

I used to buy big DS games day one since they generally never got pricedrops, but with the 3ds, even big games like mario kart and animal crossing get $10-15 discounts within months of launching. 

The big nintendo games on the gamecube and halo games also used to be day one. Can't think of much else. 

For future games, I might get the PC version of GTA day one. I redboxed the ps3 version and loved it. I'm also really tempted to also get dark souls 2 at launch, but that is one game that will definitely hit the bargin bins within a month or two.

Around the Network

Day one: nothing. I don't like to pay to be a beta-tester.
But, despite buying almost always budget editions or discounted first editions after some time from launch, relatively recently I bought again full-price, The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition (PC). I did it to give its devs all the support they deserve, I can't even play it now, before I upgrade my PC, as my current one is under its minimum requirements.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

None. I don't buy a game because it's part of a specific franchise. I buy it if it looks fun.

theprof00 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
theprof00 said:
metal gear
anything by Atlas/vanillaware

Hmm I really like Atlus's games but for some reason I rarely buy them day one. I only got SMT IV day one for the promotion. I can see myself buying P5 day one whenever that comes out.

Hmm, I expected this quote to be correcting my spelling of Atlus since I was on my phone and autocorrect was being a bitch. However, an even worse post took it's place instead. How dare you sir.

what'd i do D:

I only recently fell in love with Atlus with Persona 4. Oh how I've been missing out.

TheKoreanGuy said:
theprof00 said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
theprof00 said:
metal gear
anything by Atlas/vanillaware

Hmm I really like Atlus's games but for some reason I rarely buy them day one. I only got SMT IV day one for the promotion. I can see myself buying P5 day one whenever that comes out.

Hmm, I expected this quote to be correcting my spelling of Atlus since I was on my phone and autocorrect was being a bitch. However, an even worse post took it's place instead. How dare you sir.

what'd i do D:

I only recently fell in love with Atlus with Persona 4. Oh how I've been missing out.

Catherine?

Around the Network

I usualy always buy all my game day1. Because if I don't and think I'll buy them later, I usualy end up never buying them. I wanted to buy SM3DL and Darksiders2 ''later'', and I still have'nt bought them and idk if I ever will at this point lol.

But Zelda will always be day 1 no matter what happens.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

-Any mainline FF title...that's it. My loyalty can never falter xD. I bought every single one since FFVII and never regretted a purchase.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

theprof00 said:

Catherine?

I really like Catherine. The puzzle elements in that game are pretty unique and the visuals are gorgeous. I didn't buy the game until the price dropped though. D:

pretty much every single "big" Nintendo game !

(Metroid, Zelda, "most" Mario games)