By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which video game franchises do you consider as day one purchases?

Lately its been Zelda games and the Batman Arkham games.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

I'll list studios as well:

Naughty Dog
Quantic Dream
Media Molecule
Smash
3D Mario
Halo
Mass Effect
Valve

MLB The Show

I always get the main Final Fantasy games day one (including the original FF14 and A Realm Reborn... Guess which of those two i regretted ¬_¬) Same with Ratchet & Clank.

Other than that i tend to be pretty patient with waiting to get a game. I may still get something day one if it's being made by a developer i really like, or it's something i'm really hyped for, but nothing else get's an instant add to the day one list by name alone.

theprof00 said:
metal gear
anything by Atlas/vanillaware

Hmm I really like Atlus's games but for some reason I rarely buy them day one. I only got SMT IV day one for the promotion. I can see myself buying P5 day one whenever that comes out.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
I'll list studios as well:

Naughty Dog
Quantic Dream
Media Molecule
Smash
3D Mario
Halo
Mass Effect
Valve

Naughty Dog is probably one of my new favorite developers with this gen. I liked Jak, never played Crash which I probably should. I thought they really stepped it up with Uncharted. I'm ashamed to say I didn't get TLoU on day one and still don't have it yet. :(

Do you still consider Halo a high priority even with 343 handling the IP? I know people that fell out of that franchise after Bungie left. My roommate has never even touched Halo 4 even though he has every other game.

Smash Bros. is definitely something I'd put down full price for but the only time I ever got it day one was Brawl. And it was the one and only time I went to a midnight release. xD Still, even though I think it's worth every penny, it's not an absolute must for me. Maybe if the new one has a really awesome roster, I might just straight up buy a Wii U the same day it releases.

While I am late to the Halo series (started with Reach) I would say that one. Partially to avoid spoilers (the same reason I finished the last Potter Book before ComicCon.) But I really, really like/obsessed with IV. And I will confess I'm not a great shooter.

Another one would be Elder Scrolls VI! Though, the online version, I think I will skip. But whenever the next one comes out, as long as it still has Dragons, I will be standing in line, waiting to download it at Midnight!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Game series I've bought 1st Day and plan to in the future

Pokemon
Zelda
Super Smash Bros
Monster Hunter
Fire Emblem

I tend to pick up most other stuff at reduced prices although I'll pick up some other stuff new if it looks good and I'm not hurting for cash/games to play.

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

FIFA

Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing