By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Deus Ex Human Revolution not exclusive to Wii U.

ListerOfSmeg said:
Mr Puggsly said:

They had to port it!

Most of the work was already done on the PS360.

That isnt a valid reason and here is why. Both the 360 and Wii U are PPC based systems. Porting it would take no time at all. Some developers early on had their games ported to Wii U in a matter of days

Perhaps the difficulty of making a port depends on the game. Like if its using an engine already ported to Wii U.

Eitherway, I'm a little reluctant to believe a port is done as easily as you're implying. Otherwise we'd probably see more ports.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Wow, the ps3 version is pretty expensive at $230! (You need for the extra features right?)
Most people have a smartphone (or possibly tablet) so the 360 version is pretty cheap.

I'll stick with the original pc version I picked up for $9.99 on clearance at Best Buy. Nice deal I found while visiting home last year.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

flagstaad said:
dahuman said:
old news is old, bomba will still be bomba

But will it bomb only on Wii U, or in all consoles?, a lot of people where expecting this to be a 15 dollar DLC, not a 30 dollars disc purchase. Will many repurchase?

all of them.

superior controls come at a price guys, you can't expect to get the vastly superior version of every games and not pay for it from time to time

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

KylieDog said:

Because PS3/360 owners need buy the game again.  $60+$30 is worse than $50.  Honestly Wii U owners getting the better deal out of this. aside from PS3/360 owners who never bought the original.

Since the original been bargain bin prices for a long time anyway I'd imagine anyone who had interest in this Director's Cut would be people who played and liked the original, so the $90 people.

With that logic, it's surprising VC games aren't priced 65$.

Around the Network
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
I didn't play the original, and i like the idea of the revamping of the gameplay and the gamepad addition. I was really thinking of getting it.

But to pay 20$ extra for this, i don't think so. I'll vote with my wallet on this.

I agree with you that 20 extra is too much, how much is the extra suff worth? Personally I would pay 10 extra, so if the game comes down to 40 I will buy it.

Amen to this. Square Enix sent this game to the slaughter. No one is picking this up on any system. Not with them giving away the other verion on PS+ not that long ago and dirt cheap on Steam. This is the kind of stuff that makes me think they don't have much time left before they drop out of the industry completely. 

Yeah this has been announced 4 months ago.

ListerOfSmeg said:
Mr Puggsly said:
the_dengle said:

Costs $20 more on Wii U?

..........why?

They had to port it!

Most of the work was already done on the PS360.

That isnt a valid reason and here is why. Both the 360 and Wii U are PPC based systems. Porting it would take no time at all. Some developers early on had their games ported to Wii U in a matter of days

It isn't that simple. While the 360, PS3, and Wii U may use similar instruction sets, there are many, many ways in which their architectures differ. How much memory and cache there is, how they're organized, the nuances of their graphics processors. Perhaps a single core of the Wii U CPU is better at integer calculations, but worse at floating point than the other consoles. Any tuning for performance you do on one platform is bound to get thrown out the window when you move it to another.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

the_dengle said:
oniyide said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
oniyide said:

thats one game and they were being petty. BUT i have seen Ninty fans complain about more than one game, but on much smaller scales. Kupomogli brought up the Ninty angle im just asking questions

GTA4 ring a bell. I dont recall Nintendo fans sending SE death threats or threatening to commit suicide over this.

no they didnt, but thats my point, its on a smaller scale. ninty fans did complain about getting no GTA at all, and Dead Space, and a real RE, Soul Calibur, Tales of Graces (in the west) etc.

I thought you guys were talking about console diehards complaining at the loss of an exclusive, not at the lack of a multiplat.

If you want to argue that Nintendo fans complain more about not getting multiplats than Sony & MS fans do, you'll have to contend with the fact that multiplats were a dime a dozen on PS3/360 and a downright rarity on Wii. Of course Wii owners who didn't own a PS3 or 360 were going to complain about not getting RE5 or Dead Space 2 when RE4 proved such games could be played (and play well) on Wii with a simple graphical downgrade. And of course Wii U owners are going to complain about not getting Soul Cal 2 HD when it just makes so much damn sense to do it.

i dont need to contend that multiplats were a dime a dozen on PS360 as that is common sense, but I wont contend that RE5 would have just have been a simply graphical downgrade, for one the game would have looked MUCH worst. It would not have looked like a graphical downgrade it would have looked like a completly diffrent game, enemy AI, less on screen not as smart, environments, they would habe been smaller and im havent even gotten to the online yet, which most likely not have even made it to the WIi version. Cant believe people are still saying this to this day. They either never played 5 or are lying to themselves, yes Capcom could have MADE a game and called it RE5 but it would not have been Resident Evil 5, not the true version