By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Deus Ex Human Revolution not exclusive to Wii U.

Fair enough, Wii U ver for me then. I love the whole touch screen pad aspect.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
the_dengle said:

Costs $20 more on Wii U?

..........why?

Because PS3/360 owners need buy the game again.  $60+$30 is worse than $50.  Honestly Wii U owners getting the better deal out of this. aside from PS3/360 owners who never bought the original.

Since the original been bargain bin prices for a long time anyway I'd imagine anyone who had interest in this Director's Cut would be people who played and liked the original, so the $90 people.

Are you kidding me? You're making me dizzy, stop spinning so fast.

I didn't play the original, and i like the idea of the revamping of the gameplay and the gamepad addition. I was really thinking of getting it.

But to pay 20$ extra for this, i don't think so. I'll vote with my wallet on this.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

KylieDog said:

You think paying $90 is a better deal than $50?

I think people who payed $60 the first time have already played the game. I think it's their choice if they want to pay an additional $30 to replay it with a few new things.

There are over 150 million PS3/360 owners who did NOT play the original, much less pay $60 dollars for it, who will have the option to play an upgraded version of a well-received game at a budget price.

You're the one who pointed out that the original game has been in bargain bins for a while now. A PS3/360 owner could very easily have bought the original release of Human Revolution AND the Director's Cut, and STILL spent less than $50 on them.

So you think paying $40 for the original game and the Director's Cut combined is not a better deal than paying $50 for only the latter?

oniyide said:
snyps said:
oniyide said:
kupomogli said:
DieAppleDie said:
all of them are gonna bomb anyway so who cares

Nintendo fans did when they thought the director's cut was exclusive.

I was never interested in it because I played the regular version and it was just extremely boring.

think i made a thread about this months ago. but why would Ninty fans care if a game is exclusive or not? a good game is a good game or are they so petty?

ask ps fans, when ffxiii went to xbox, if they were petty..  it doesn't matter if the game is crap.  Speaking for myself, when it comes to exclusivity i'm very petty.  Not every Wii U owner are though.

thats one game and they were being petty. BUT i have seen Ninty fans complain about more than one game, but on much smaller scales. Kupomogli brought up the Ninty angle im just asking questions

GTA4 ring a bell. I dont recall Nintendo fans sending SE death threats or threatening to commit suicide over this.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
the_dengle said:

Costs $20 more on Wii U?

..........why?

They had to port it!

Most of the work was already done on the PS360.

That isnt a valid reason and here is why. Both the 360 and Wii U are PPC based systems. Porting it would take no time at all. Some developers early on had their games ported to Wii U in a matter of days

ListerOfSmeg said:
oniyide said:
snyps said:
oniyide said:
kupomogli said:
DieAppleDie said:
all of them are gonna bomb anyway so who cares

Nintendo fans did when they thought the director's cut was exclusive.

I was never interested in it because I played the regular version and it was just extremely boring.

think i made a thread about this months ago. but why would Ninty fans care if a game is exclusive or not? a good game is a good game or are they so petty?

ask ps fans, when ffxiii went to xbox, if they were petty..  it doesn't matter if the game is crap.  Speaking for myself, when it comes to exclusivity i'm very petty.  Not every Wii U owner are though.

thats one game and they were being petty. BUT i have seen Ninty fans complain about more than one game, but on much smaller scales. Kupomogli brought up the Ninty angle im just asking questions

GTA4 ring a bell. I dont recall Nintendo fans sending SE death threats or threatening to commit suicide over this.

no they didnt, but thats my point, its on a smaller scale. ninty fans did complain about getting no GTA at all, and Dead Space, and a real RE, Soul Calibur, Tales of Graces (in the west) etc.

famousringo said:
MikeRox said:
flagstaad said:
MikeRox said:
This is going to use Vita as a controller on PS3? Okay, I'll get that version then. I wish you could somehow use Vita with the Wii U. It would be awesome!

It is NOT, the gamepad features (Neural Hub on the GamePad that allows for touchscreen-hacking, interactive map editing, augmented sniping and other GamePad interactions) are exclusive of the Wii U version, and that is why they are charging 50 instead of 30 dollars.

I think they could charge extra, but not 20 dollars extra, just 10.

Then wtf is the point of the PS3/360 re-release? It's already less than £10.00 on those consoles everywhere already :s

Deus Ex fans were cheesed that Wii U was exclusively getting the definitive version. Port begging was easy to accomodate.

or maybe SE wanted to actually get sales for their game but thats a crazy thought

oniyide said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
oniyide said:

no they didnt, but thats my point, its on a smaller scale. ninty fans did complain about getting no GTA at all, and Dead Space, and a real RE, Soul Calibur, Tales of Graces (in the west) etc.

I thought you guys were talking about console diehards complaining at the loss of an exclusive, not at the lack of a multiplat.

If you want to argue that Nintendo fans complain more about not getting multiplats than Sony & MS fans do, you'll have to contend with the fact that multiplats were a dime a dozen on PS3/360 and a downright rarity on Wii. Of course Wii owners who didn't own a PS3 or 360 were going to complain about not getting RE5 or Dead Space 2 when RE4 proved such games could be played (and play well) on Wii with a simple graphical downgrade. And of course Wii U owners are going to complain about not getting Soul Cal 2 HD when it just makes so much damn sense to do it.

KylieDog said:
the_dengle said:
KylieDog said:

You think paying $90 is a better deal than $50?

I think people who payed $60 the first time have already played the game. I think it's their choice if they want to pay an additional $30 to replay it with a few new things.

There are over 150 million PS3/360 owners who did NOT play the original, much less pay $60 dollars for it, who will have the option to play an upgraded version of a well-received game at a budget price.

You're the one who pointed out that the original game has been in bargain bins for a while now. A PS3/360 owner could very easily have bought the original release of Human Revolution AND the Director's Cut, and STILL spent less than $50 on them.

So you think paying $40 for the original game and the Director's Cut combined is not a better deal than paying $50 for only the latter?

If you want to use a bargain bin excuse for a new title then just wait until the price drops and don't complain.

The people who bought the original at bargain bin prices are probably not much Deus Ex fans so aren't the sort to rebuy the same games with some changes.

You are the one who brought up the bargain bin price!

"Since the original been bargain bin prices for a long time anyway I'd imagine anyone who had interest in this Director's Cut would be people who played and liked the original, so the $90 people."

By the way, in this quote you refer to people who bought the original Human Revolution out of the bargain bin as "the $90 people." Your definition of bargain bin must be a lot different from mine.

This is the most absurd discussion I've had on this website in a while and I cannot justify continuing it to myself. Stop being silly. You are trying to argue that a $50 game is a better deal than the exact same game for $30. There is no argument to be had here. Anyone who bought the game in 2011 has had over two years to play it. If they enjoyed it so much that they'd be willing to drop an additional $30 on a revised experience, I think it's fair to conclude that they judged their purchase worthwhile. Would the alternative -- the game remaining a Wii U exclusive and costing $350, not $30, for Deus Ex fans -- be preferable?

You added the original cost of the game to the cost of the Director's Cut without taking this factor into consideration: Wii U-only (or rather Wii-only, since it was 2011) owners cannot have played the original game at all since it was not released on their console. Therefore, to justify you logic, you must conclude that paying $60 for the game was a "better deal" than not having an option to buy the game at all. Or that paying $10 for the game out of the bargain bin was a better deal than not having an option to buy the game at all. Or that either of those prices was a better deal than paying over $300 to buy the game and a console to play it on.

Just stop. You're being too silly.