By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Apple-Logitech pairing a potential Nintendo handheld killer - :~O

If it is included in the package when you buy the phone, yes, it has a good chance. If not, no.

Around the Network
Frequency said:
tbone51 said:
Frequency said:
NiKKoM said:
Anfebious said:

The problem with comparing smartphones with 3DS is the same as comparing an apple to bananas

So in the end you can't really compare them! You can't compare the sales of a phone with the sales of a gaming machine! The phone is obviously going to win as it is more vital in everyone's life while the gaming device is just part of a hobby.

People tend to forget that Apple also has an iPod Touch.. Which are a lot bought buy parents as cheaper alternative to a smartphone.. And as an alternative to dedicated handhelds.. Like it or not..

The iPod Touch reached 100 million units last May 

http://mashable.com/2013/05/30/apple-ipod-touch-100-million/

They're a lost cause of hypocrites that will use anything to discredit any portable device that plays games if said device dislodges their favored console from top spot.

Too bad the reality is mobiles have a far higher use ADR, a far higher base of actual gamers and far higher revenue on games, so they can whine about how it 'doesn't count' all they want, they can be hypocrits and claim mobile games "arent real games but the facts remain facts, the mobile market absolutely trounces dedicated handhelds in both overall user base and game playing user base.

Yes not every mobile tablet or iPod user plays games but you can bet your ass of the 3bln+ android/iOS/wm users worldwide, even if only 1% played games regularly, that's still 30,000,000 gamers, but to say only 1 in 100 people play games on their phones is laughable.

Mobile isn't going anywhere, that's why Microsoft and Sony embrace it with thier own phones, and why Nintendo tried to snag a share of the pie, mobiles tablets and iPods are all gaming capable devices, even if someone installs only one game and plays that game just once, it still counts.

But reality falls on hand covered ears, you can't teach people things they refuse to hear.

lol, i can see you go against Nintendo in every thread. If you call people who played a game or two on their phones/tablets/etc gamers then Im done. Yeahhhhhh Just Done! I got news for you, Handheld>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Phone/Tablets in the gaming department everytime. Real Gamers play Real Games. Its Quality not Quanity Everybody needs a phone thus 100s of Millions of Sales. But Consoles/Handhelds are for Gaming. LMAO its like comparing Commercials with TV Shows/Movies. We obviously see more commercials (phone/tablet games) than movies/TV shows/Sports/News (Consoles/Handhelds), but do you think people remember the commercials over everything else???

You have news for me, you just don't have any actual facts to back up that news.

Mobile devices have a higher number of gamers

Mobile games even when free have a higher revenue stream

More people spend time playing games on average, on their mobile than on any other device.

All of these are facts backed up by virtually every study, poll and experiment conducted.

You you pretend mobile games aren't real games until you're blue in the face, doesn't detract from the stark fact that they are games and people that play them are gamers.

Hate to break it to you but a game is a game and a person that plays them is a gamer, there's no threshold to bring a gamer and there's no threshold to 'being a "proper" game'. Look at pong in the early days, its basic and yet people that played it are gamers.

Again people respond and completely ignore the facts and my statement of Nintendo trying to get a piece of the mobile gaming pie with the wiiu which you love so much.

If mobile gaming wasn't reaaaaly gaming, why would they try to penetrate that market, and if mobile gaming isn't really gaming why would you support Nintendo's endeavours to get a piece of that pie?

In short, you and many of the other commenters in this thread are absolute hypocrites 

Lolololol You have fun with your 1 billion phone users that are real gamers, i'll go play online with the hyprocrites Fast food taste better than every other food according to your logic. Cuz fast food>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Other Food (in terms of eating out).... Go play angry birds and candy crusher! I'LL PLAY HALO/KH3/SSB with the minority lmfao

tbone51 said:
Frequency said:
tbone51 said:
Frequency said:
NiKKoM said:
Anfebious said:

The problem with comparing smartphones with 3DS is the same as comparing an apple to bananas

So in the end you can't really compare them! You can't compare the sales of a phone with the sales of a gaming machine! The phone is obviously going to win as it is more vital in everyone's life while the gaming device is just part of a hobby.

People tend to forget that Apple also has an iPod Touch.. Which are a lot bought buy parents as cheaper alternative to a smartphone.. And as an alternative to dedicated handhelds.. Like it or not..

The iPod Touch reached 100 million units last May 

http://mashable.com/2013/05/30/apple-ipod-touch-100-million/

They're a lost cause of hypocrites that will use anything to discredit any portable device that plays games if said device dislodges their favored console from top spot.

Too bad the reality is mobiles have a far higher use ADR, a far higher base of actual gamers and far higher revenue on games, so they can whine about how it 'doesn't count' all they want, they can be hypocrits and claim mobile games "arent real games but the facts remain facts, the mobile market absolutely trounces dedicated handhelds in both overall user base and game playing user base.

Yes not every mobile tablet or iPod user plays games but you can bet your ass of the 3bln+ android/iOS/wm users worldwide, even if only 1% played games regularly, that's still 30,000,000 gamers, but to say only 1 in 100 people play games on their phones is laughable.

Mobile isn't going anywhere, that's why Microsoft and Sony embrace it with thier own phones, and why Nintendo tried to snag a share of the pie, mobiles tablets and iPods are all gaming capable devices, even if someone installs only one game and plays that game just once, it still counts.

But reality falls on hand covered ears, you can't teach people things they refuse to hear.

lol, i can see you go against Nintendo in every thread. If you call people who played a game or two on their phones/tablets/etc gamers then Im done. Yeahhhhhh Just Done! I got news for you, Handheld>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Phone/Tablets in the gaming department everytime. Real Gamers play Real Games. Its Quality not Quanity Everybody needs a phone thus 100s of Millions of Sales. But Consoles/Handhelds are for Gaming. LMAO its like comparing Commercials with TV Shows/Movies. We obviously see more commercials (phone/tablet games) than movies/TV shows/Sports/News (Consoles/Handhelds), but do you think people remember the commercials over everything else???

You have news for me, you just don't have any actual facts to back up that news.

More people spend time playing games on average, on their mobile than on any other device.

All of these are facts backed up by virtually every study, poll and experiment conducted.

You you pretend mobile games aren't real games until you're blue in the face, doesn't detract from the stark fact that they are games and people that play them are gamers.

Hate to break it to you but a game is a game and a person that plays them is a gamer, there's no threshold to bring a gamer and there's no threshold to 'being a "proper" game'. Look at pong in the early days, its basic and yet people that played it are gamers.

Again people respond and completely ignore the facts and my statement of Nintendo trying to get a piece of the mobile gaming pie with the wiiu which you love so much.

If mobile gaming wasn't reaaaaly gaming, why would they try to penetrate that market, and if mobile gaming isn't really gaming why would you support Nintendo's endeavours to get a piece of that pie?

In short, you and many of the other commenters in this thread are absolute hypocrites 

Lolololol You have fun with your 1 billion phone users that are real gamers, i'll go play online with the hyprocrites Fast food taste better than every other food according to your logic. Cuz fast food>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Other Food (in terms of eating out).... Go play angry birds and candy crusher! I'LL PLAY HALO/KH3/SSB with the minority lmfao

They are more likely playing asphalt 8, shadow gun and final fantasy 3 remake, or virtually any ps1, Ds, new, SNES, genesis, SMS, GB,  GBA or n64 game they want to play.

Oh wait those aren't games either because they're on a mobile phone right? 

Sheesh, kids these days

Yes parents think a $250 3DS/Vita is too expensive, but will gladly buy their kids a $600-$800 iPhone to play games on! A controller-grip-add-on for iPhones is certainly going to kill of dedicated handheld gaming, confirmed.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:
Yes parents think a $250 3DS/Vita is too expensive, but will gladly buy their kids a $600-$800 iPhone to play games on!

And yet that's exactly what they do.

Mobile phones can be purchased on contract, which for many is a much cheaper alternative.

Around the Network
Frequency said:
Cheebee said:
Yes parents think a $250 3DS/Vita is too expensive, but will gladly buy their kids a $600-$800 iPhone to play games on!

Mobile phones can be purchased on contract, which for many is a much cheaper alternative.

D0med!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Frequency said:
Cheebee said:

If Phone games are so much better wat are you even on this site for? Also to your previous post. The games you mention come from real game consoles lmao *Fail

Frequency said:

Games on mobile devices are indeed games, and those who play them are indeed video game players. I don't think anyone would dispute this.

But it's not all about how many people own mobile devices, it's not all about what game has the most downloads. It's also about which platform has the best games, which has the deepest games, which has the most games worth playing. And in that contest, mobile devices simply cannot compete against Sony and especially Nintendo.

There are a lot of nice games on iOS and Android, but they don't compare favorably to the libraries on PSP, DS, Vita, and 3DS, not to mention the libraries on GB and GBA.

Mobile devices might have more games, more users, and more revenue, but they don't have the best games, and, in the end, that's what matters most.

Mobile gaming will cut into handheld console gaming just as much as PC gaming cuts into consoles, if not less (since they're vastly different audiences mobile gaming vs. handheld console gaming.) I play a few games on my android phone, but it doesn't mean I won't own my 3DS and eventually a Vita (if it gets games I want.) The same holds true for any other gamer. Meanwhile, PC gaming is preventing me from getting a PS4 or XBONE because the type of games and experiences are similar. So mobile gaming will not cut into the handheld market as people like to say it will. They have a different audience (which might overlap by person count) and provide a different experience. As for tablet gaming, it will likely merge with PC gaming.

Frequency said:

Oh and as for your retarded TV analogy, commercials are remembered by absolutely millions of people, for decades, people look back and talk about 'that old commercial about XXX or yyy' way to shoot yourself in the foot.

Last but not least how is having a firm grasp on reality and not being a biggot about who qualifies to be a gamer or not, in any way shape or form "going against nintendo" that alone shows that you are reacting in defence of Nintendo rather than reacting in a logical mature manner.

But hey, from a guy that thinks people who play mobile games "arent really gamers and that mobile games "arent really games what should I really expect?

It will be fun when hyper light drifter hits the wiiu, I guess you won't call that a game since the exact same game will be available for mobile too, and had been planned for development prior to the wiki version, eh?

Honestly, people these days lose their grip on reality just enough to suit their own needs

You either accept that you are wrong or agree to disagree.

Playing a few levels of angry birds doesn't make you a gamer no matter how many times you claim otherwise. Being a gamer means having gaming as a hobby, not the fact that you have played a free game on a "platform" you bought to do something totally different (call, write messages and browse Internet). I have played football and still do from time to time, yet I'm not a football player.

You think there is no treshold for being a true game? No difference? Try comparing FF XV and FF: All the Bravest.

Read this 100 times, maybe you'll start to understand why you keep being rejected:

Different demands, different quality, different experience, different targets ===> DIFFERENT MARKETS

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.