By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Apple-Logitech pairing a potential Nintendo handheld killer - :~O

Th3PANO said:
you are acting like this is the first controller for smart phones

No, no, you don't get it! This is THE one. This is the first one that will kill Nintendo's handheld. THIS time they will get it right. It's logitech bro.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Sigh... Everything from the GameGear on was meant to kill Nintendo. Nothing beats it.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

It´s basically a phone with controller buttons...

Didn´t Sony try it before ? What was the result ?

The way it is, it´s waaaaay more better getting a Vita instead. Cheaper, slicker, sexier and with better games.

spurgeonryan said:
Tablets have already challenged Nintendo by themselves. It does not matter what else these companies do. As long as Nintendo has its Franchises, nothing will stop them from being successful. Plus the Wii got a whole new generation interested in Nintendo. They will buy it for their kids as well. Which should be in the next 4-5 years. Oh!!! When the 4DS comes out and Wii U 2.

4DS? Wow man that would be some hardcore shit there! Gaming in a fourth dimension. Now that would be something! xD

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

Around the Network
johnlucas said:
cbarroso09 said:

"the once dominant Nintendo handhelds", I like it that way. Then they won't know what hit them hard.
first, neither google nor apple make games. None develop their hardware thinking on games performance.
None know 1/10 of what Nintendo knows about gaming trends.
30 years...

Say It LOUD!!
Tell 'Em AGAIN!!
PREACH Brother PREACH!!!

It's like you took this right out of my own mind!!
Underestimating Nintendo is a fool's errand & so many love to play the fool.

Sony thought they were taking portable gaming out of the "handheld gaming ghetto" 8 years ago.
Today they have essentially waved the white flag on their portable endeavors...
...while Nintendo's still here making a killing with their handhelds like always.

This is the gamemaker's field & Nintendo's the Master Gamemaker.
Many shall enter. Only one shall remain.
John Lucas

I just may add if there is a game market "crash" it will be because of Apple, they could care less about the market itself. Just look at how they handle their market place and the pile of gaming refuuse that clogs the app store. If they were serious about the game market they would first clean up the App Store and start policing what gets put on it better. Right now for every good title there is twenty-to-thirty titles are garbage and predtory "free-to-play" games. Google is no better.

Looking at how those two handle games reminds me how Atari handled the market in the early 80's, actually it's much worse then Atari when you factor in the rip off games. You have any two bit developer who pays the $90 or so entrance fee to get their cash-in title, that usually have a preditory market place add in the hopes there will be some child or idiot who will pony up so they will rake in some cash. They allow blantent IP infringments and only take them down when there is an open threat of litigation. There is no QA and no oversight. And there has been senetors already wanting to "look" into these practices. And once the problems with the budget are ironed out for the next quarter, there is no better way to win the "resepect" of the ignorant masses then to go on a crusade against the evil game industry.

Kotaku has some industry quotes every week, and I think it was last week. (Can't look it up now the site is down.) But there was a indie developer talking in hyperbole that indies are making an exodus from the mobile market to PC and Console because there just isn't money in that market. (Ok it wasn't exactly what they said but they said they wouldn't touch the mobile market with a 10-foot pole.)

http://kotaku.com/this-week-in-the-business-wouldnt-touch-mobile-with-1416598218

It just scares me what will happen if Apple EVER became more than a me too accesory to the market.

I"m tired so sorry about any spelling or grammar errors.

Ive seen this before...

LiquorandGunFun said:

Ive seen this before...

I remember when that was suppose to be the Nintendo portable killer.

spurgeonryan said:
I would love for Nintendo to make phone calls a possibility on the 3DS^

Maybe team up with someone to do a Q like machine. (Or go Microsoft's route and buy a maker, Blackberry should be cheap.)

BlkPaladin said:
johnlucas said:
cbarroso09 said:

"the once dominant Nintendo handhelds", I like it that way. Then they won't know what hit them hard.
first, neither google nor apple make games. None develop their hardware thinking on games performance.
None know 1/10 of what Nintendo knows about gaming trends.
30 years...

Say It LOUD!!
Tell 'Em AGAIN!!
PREACH Brother PREACH!!!

It's like you took this right out of my own mind!!
Underestimating Nintendo is a fool's errand & so many love to play the fool.

Sony thought they were taking portable gaming out of the "handheld gaming ghetto" 8 years ago.
Today they have essentially waved the white flag on their portable endeavors...
...while Nintendo's still here making a killing with their handhelds like always.

This is the gamemaker's field & Nintendo's the Master Gamemaker.
Many shall enter. Only one shall remain.
John Lucas

I just may add if there is a game market "crash" it will be because of Apple, they could care less about the market itself. Just look at how they handle their market place and the pile of gaming refuuse that clogs the app store. If they were serious about the game market they would first clean up the App Store and start policing what gets put on it better. Right now for every good title there is twenty-to-thirty titles are garbage and predtory "free-to-play" games. Google is no better.

Looking at how those two handle games reminds me how Atari handled the market in the early 80's, actually it's much worse then Atari when you factor in the rip off games. You have any two bit developer who pays the $90 or so entrance fee to get their cash-in title, that usually have a preditory market place add in the hopes there will be some child or idiot who will pony up so they will rake in some cash. They allow blantent IP infringments and only take them down when there is an open threat of litigation. There is no QA and no oversight. And there has been senetors already wanting to "look" into these practices. And once the problems with the budget are ironed out for the next quarter, there is no better way to win the "resepect" of the ignorant masses then to go on a crusade against the evil game industry.

Kotaku has some industry quotes every week, and I think it was last week. (Can't look it up now the site is down.) But there was a indie developer talking in hyperbole that indies are making an exodus from the mobile market to PC and Console because there just isn't money in that market. (Ok it wasn't exactly what they said but they said they wouldn't touch the mobile market with a 10-foot pole.)

http://kotaku.com/this-week-in-the-business-wouldnt-touch-mobile-with-1416598218

It just scares me what will happen if Apple EVER became more than a me too accesory to the market.

I"m tired so sorry about any spelling or grammar errors.

Yes. And I talk on the point you make in my UNITY thread.
Unchecked 3rd parties can wreck an industry.
It takes a strong 1st party to keep the business stable so all parties have a chance to prosper.
The 1983 crash was due to 1st parties not acting in their proper role as stewards & groundskeepers of the business.
They acted more like reckless 3rd parties who are short-sighted only in sale of their products & that alone.

Steve Jobs never cared about games. And naturally his company Apple reflects his attitude.
Apple's platforms are run by the 3rds. And over time more irresponsible 3rd parties will cheapen the market & eventually wreck the market.
Google is the same as Apple with their Android-run devices.
They don't do the necessary policing & filtering that reduces trash & raises the value for all games on the platform.
It's just a free-for-all. Wild West like the PC. That's why I call tablets/smartphones the NEW PC market.
That's exactly what they are.

Yes, it's a bubble waiting to burst.
Some of those mobile devs are starting to figure out why a Nintendo had to exist in the first place & why that Nintendo continues to exist all these years later.
This industry is theirs. They built this business from the ashes Atari & the others left behind in the 1980s.
No surprise that they're coming back to the consoles.

People gotta remember what devices are primarily designed for.
A handheld game console is primarily designed to play games in the palm of your hands.
A smartphone is primarily designed to make phone calls with its extra computer-ish functions.
Nobody REALLY buys phones for the games primarily. They're a SIDE function, a SIDE benefit.
Nobody REALLY buys handhelds to browse the web. That's a SIDE function, a SIDE benefit.

I like that game developers have new platforms to share their ideas, I like that smartphone gaming introduces more people to the world of videogames.
But I DON'T like how the smartphone gaming goes about its business & I think in the long run it ends up hurting all these game developers.

However as long as we have a Nintendo around, the videogame business will NEVER FULLY fall apart.
They will repair it just like they did so many times before.
Because of that truth, I don't worry about the business fading away.
John Lucas

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!