By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Your thoughts, is this good?

Hey fellow VGChartians 

So I am still not as active as I'd like to be in the community. But I wanted to get your expert opinions, some of you might or might not know I began attending Vancouver Film School to become a Transmedia Producer. I have sincerely missed the daily rants of many members who are gone, covering the walls with text. But this is what I am doing now.

Here is the trailer for my first short film and I would like to hear your personal feedback. It was a school project so it's not Hollywood quality or anything. The film tells the story of a young girl from the midwest who travels to Hollywood in hopes of seeing her dreams realized. The film is currently being submitted to festivals so I don't have the full version available yet. But the trailer and official FaceBook page are below.

I was even developing a game for the film, but ran into legal complications.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94HH2jgMBwo

FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/StarlightStarbrightCompendium9

What is your honest feedback? The game was going to be awesome unfortunately I can't discuss it because the gameplay mechanics are unique and not currently done in the industry. You know how things are when you have something not currently being done by anyone, you keep that wrapped up like fort knox!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

Is that a ghost battle at the end?

sethnintendo said:
Is that a ghost battle at the end?

I'm bound by NDA not to reveal too much of the plot as its on the festival circuit but no it is not. :P

-JC7

That is definitely a ghost battle. Of wizards. Reminds me of Harry Potter's duel against V.

i liked it. especially the part where ioi ghost battled that woman. how much of a hand id you have in the development of that film? from my point of view, it was impressive. not sure how the competition is, though. looks like something that could be shown on tv. pbs, at the very least.

Around the Network

I like it, my only complain are the title cards.. They look straight out of Windows movie makers.. An hour spend more and it would have looked better

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

attaboy said:
i liked it. especially the part where ioi ghost battled that woman. how much of a hand id you have in the development of that film? from my point of view, it was impressive. not sure how the competition is, though. looks like something that could be shown on tv. pbs, at the very least.

I was the producer so I was involved in every single aspect of the project. I optioned the script from the writing department, worked with the writer on over 8 drafts. I sent out the audition notifications, watched almost 100 demo reels held the auditions with my director. Hired the set decorator, wardrobe designer , composer other then the 1st & 2nd AD the Director and DP I hired them all. Working with two other producing students we handled all of the budgeting, legal checks, set dec, catering, licensing overseeing prop purchase. 

On production day I made sure the set and production was running under Act Safe BC regulations, made sure the green room was taken care of and each actor got the attention they deserved. Ensured the crew was fed and had everything they needed assisted the director in preparing each scene. 

Then their was two months of post production in which I hired and ran the VFX, Sound, editing and colour compositing teams. Handled the marketing plan, distribution plan the premier and the after party. Handled press releases and am currently trying to get it into festivals but I am working on my final project a television series pitch package that I intend to submit to the CW.

Also the entire production cost only 1,500$ and involved almost 200 people over 6 months. 

-JC7

No clue what is it about but looked cool! Good luck!

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

It looked like a fairly typical premise, with characters looking about the way one would expect them to, and it seems to be well shot

Then it got to that bit a the end. To be honest, I'm not sure what to make of that. On the one hand it left me a bit more intrigued as to what exactly goes down in this movie, but on the other hand it instantly made the whole thing look more amateur.

depressing cut camera work and editing is good