By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales - Media Create, Famitsu, Dengeki: week 39 ( Sept 23 - Sept. 29 )

trestres said:
DélioPT said:

I don`t think a month is enough to make it old news.
You are also forgetting about Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club and probably Sonic.
Wii Fit U will be released this year aswell. The trial ends on February.

Not to mention other 3rd party games.

Pikmin 3 is already old news, and that's a brand new game. Zelda is a mere glorified re-release, it will become old news way faster, even more when a brand new Zelda is getting released on the 3DS in no time.

Wii Party U can go either way, but there's not much hype. Just look at Game & Wario vs the other Wario games on Wii, absolutely abysmal performacnce.
Wii sports Club is a rip off and it's just digital, will have as much an effect on HW sales as Pokemon Rumble U had (ie none).
Mario & Sonic will sell of course, but move hardware? The series has been in decline.
Sonic will bomb, Japan hasn't cared about Sonic for a long time now.

What are the other 3rd party games?

Pikmin 3 came out in July. When the bundles arrive, not even a month will have passed since WW HD released.
Wii Party`s best market (US, EU and Japan) was Japan by a good margin with 2.47 million units sold. And not only did it sell well, it hold off nicely in it`s second and third year in the market.
So, chances are it will at least do well for Wii U and have the same kind of legs.

You can`t compare Pokemon Rumble U to Wii Sports Club. Wii Sports Club will easily outsell PR.
It`s a game that people can replay again online and that adds interest to it. Not to mention you can purchase only the games you want.
MS and Sonic i don`t expect much from them but maybe the online component for MS can help sales.

You have CoD Ghosts, MH 3G (or whatever it is), two Lego games, Batman, that Drum game from Namco, AC4, Disney Infinity, Rayman Legends.
Yes, not all best sellers, but at least it´s something.

Around the Network
trestres said:
Pavolink said:
trestres said:

Yes, but packaged version comes out in February. Nothing big then from November until DKC or MK8 arrive and God knows when that will be, probably March. The drought can be devastating this time considering that the attention of Japan will be on the new consoles.

The new "consoles" will be released until february and one of those doesn't get the attention of Japan.

True, I had forgotten about that. Anyway, a drought is a drought, Japanese audience reacts on new content, and sales will drop deeply. As a matter of fact I think it will make matters worse, as the new consoles will be launching just at the peak of the WiiU's drought, striking the U even harder.

Wii FIt U will be released February 1st while PS4 at Februrary 22nd. DKCTF maybe a week before.

In NA, SM3DWorld and Zelda ALBW will be released around launch, and I believe in Europe Mario the same day as PS4 and Zelda the same day as X1.

Its Nintendo strategy, but we don't know if that will work.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Max King of the Wild said:
DélioPT said:
DélioPT said:
Sales are low, but given that new bundles will arrive at the end of the month, there`s a chance people are postponing buying the game+console.

very unlikely.

Why not? The bundles coming offer not only great games people like but also at a great price.
It`s only natural that people hold off buying a Wii U and this game and do it only when the bundles come out.

I`m not saying that the game will skyrocket in sales, but it will surely rise in sales.

First of all, are you sure Japan is getting the bundle? I just looked and could't find anything on it. It was just a quick search though so I could have missd it.

Secondly, sure some will wait for the bundle. But mostly, if there is great interest in the game people will pick it up as soon as they can.

Japan is getting two bundles:

Bundle 1: NSMB U, Wii Party U + Wii Remote
Bundle 2: NSMB U, Wii Party U, Wii Fit + Wii Remote

And both for 300-320 $ (the equivalent, at least).

I don`t know how many want the game, but those bundles make it very difficult to not wait.

Sal.Paradise said:
BaldrSkies said:
Sen > Ao without even considering digital.

This is why Falcom upward revised earnings forecast by 30% and increased dividends. Fantastic!

I heard they very carefully analyzed what was popular in the Japanese market in order to increase their potential audience size

Damn! I must try this when I'm out of the forest XD But I have this!

DélioPT said:
DélioPT said:
DélioPT said:
Sales are low, but given that new bundles will arrive at the end of the month, there`s a chance people are postponing buying the game+console.

very unlikely.

Why not? The bundles coming offer not only great games people like but also at a great price.
It`s only natural that people hold off buying a Wii U and this game and do it only when the bundles come out.

I`m not saying that the game will skyrocket in sales, but it will surely rise in sales.

First of all, are you sure Japan is getting the bundle? I just looked and could't find anything on it. It was just a quick search though so I could have missd it.

Secondly, sure some will wait for the bundle. But mostly, if there is great interest in the game people will pick it up as soon as they can.

Japan is getting two bundles:

Bundle 1: NSMB U, Wii Party U + Wii Remote
Bundle 2: NSMB U, Wii Party U, Wii Fit + Wii Remote

And both for 300-320 $ (the equivalent, at least).

I don`t know how many want the game, but those bundles make it very difficult to not wait.

Oh, i thought you were talking about WW bundle

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
BaldrSkies said:
Sen > Ao without even considering digital.

This is why Falcom upward revised earnings forecast by 30% and increased dividends. Fantastic!

I heard they very carefully analyzed what was popular in the Japanese market in order to increase their potential audience size

If only MonHun and Pokemon included pantsu, then they'd be able to get 150k FW too!

That said, LoH did do very well. Surprised Vita version outsold PS3 version.

MH continues dropping well. ~50% drop this week.

WW did as expected, but the West has to pick up the slack for them to make any money off of this.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I think we can safely assume that WWHD sold 10-15% more from the eShop, not that that's great, just a little better

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Vita software is selling well, but the hardware isnt. I wonder if they are waiting for the new version with all the colors...

I see a game waking up my list, it's a shame too ):
3DS HW is sitting pretty good and will most likely skyrocket or at least double it's amount in two weeks chart time.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

DanneSandin said:
I think we can safely assume that WWHD sold 10-15% more from the eShop, not that that's great, just a little better

Without hard numbers, can we really assume anything of the sort?

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.