By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales - Media Create, Famitsu, Dengeki: week 39 ( Sept 23 - Sept. 29 )

Wind Waker did as expected. Sadly, no Wii U boost.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
BaldrSkies said:
Sen > Ao without even considering digital.

This is why Falcom upward revised earnings forecast by 30% and increased dividends. Fantastic!

I heard they very carefully analyzed what was popular in the Japanese market in order to increase their potential audience size

Agh, Zelda and Wii U

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

ryuzaki57 said:
trestres said:
DélioPT said:
Sales are low, but given that new bundles will arrive at the end of the month, there`s a chance people are postponing buying the game+console.

No way. Wind Waker will be old news by the end of the month. Those who wanted it will have it by then. Console is needing games awfuly right now, and nothing big is coming out until SM3DW during November, and after it, nothing til February with Wii Fit U

Isn't Wii Fit U in one of thoses bundles that release end of october?

Yes, but packaged version comes out in February. Nothing big then from November until DKC or MK8 arrive and God knows when that will be, probably March. The drought can be devastating this time considering that the attention of Japan will be on the new consoles.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

Yes, but packaged version comes out in February. Nothing big then from November until DKC or MK8 arrive and God knows when that will be, probably March. The drought can be devastating this time considering that the attention of Japan will be on the new consoles.

The new "consoles" will be released until february and one of those doesn't get the attention of Japan.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
trestres said:
DélioPT said:
Sales are low, but given that new bundles will arrive at the end of the month, there`s a chance people are postponing buying the game+console.

No way. Wind Waker will be old news by the end of the month. Those who wanted it will have it by then. Console is needing games awfuly right now, and nothing big is coming out until SM3DW during November, and after it, nothing til February with Wii Fit U, which I'm not considering as a big release since it will go on sale digitally wth the new bundles at the end of the current month. Console will undergo a new drought another time, history repeating itself and Nintendo promising things they won't be able to deliver. Nintendo is lacking content and their strategy is failing time and time again.

I just wonder how they are going to communicate this to the stockholders during the Q2 results in the upcoming weeks.

I don`t think a month is enough to make it old news.
You are also forgetting about Wii Party U, Wii Sports Club and probably Sonic.
Wii Fit U will be released this year aswell. The trial ends on February.

Not to mention other 3rd party games.

Pikmin 3 is already old news, and that's a brand new game. Zelda is a mere glorified re-release, it will become old news way faster, even more when a brand new Zelda is getting released on the 3DS in no time.

Wii Party U can go either way, but there's not much hype. Just look at Game & Wario vs the other Wario games on Wii, absolutely abysmal performacnce.
Wii sports Club is a rip off and it's just digital, will have as much an effect on HW sales as Pokemon Rumble U had (ie none).
Mario & Sonic will sell of course, but move hardware? The series has been in decline.
Sonic will bomb, Japan hasn't cared about Sonic for a long time now.

What are the other 3rd party games?

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Max King of the Wild said:
DélioPT said:

very unlikely.

Why not? The bundles coming offer not only great games people like but also at a great price.
It`s only natural that people hold off buying a Wii U and this game and do it only when the bundles come out.

I`m not saying that the game will skyrocket in sales, but it will surely rise in sales.

Pavolink said:
trestres said:

The new "consoles" will be released until february and one of those doesn't get the attention of Japan.

True, I had forgotten about that. Anyway, a drought is a drought, Japanese audience reacts on new content, and sales will drop deeply. As a matter of fact I think it will make matters worse, as the new consoles will be launching just at the peak of the WiiU's drought, striking the U even harder.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

DélioPT said:
Max King of the Wild said:
DélioPT said:

very unlikely.

Why not? The bundles coming offer not only great games people like but also at a great price.
It`s only natural that people hold off buying a Wii U and this game and do it only when the bundles come out.

I`m not saying that the game will skyrocket in sales, but it will surely rise in sales.

First of all, are you sure Japan is getting the bundle? I just looked and could't find anything on it. It was just a quick search though so I could have missd it.

Secondly, sure some will wait for the bundle. But mostly, if there is great interest in the game people will pick it up as soon as they can.

zelda numbers don't surprise me in the least. a remake of a game that wasn't particularly well received the first time on struggling hardware was never going to do all that well.

MH continues to impress. rol called me out for saying "grrrr" to the original MH announcement and this is really why. MH going to 3DS was, imo, the killing blow for vita.