By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales - Media Create, Famitsu, Dengeki: week 39 ( Sept 23 - Sept. 29 )

"There is not so cute is my sister"

Around the Network
badgenome said:
"There is not so cute is my sister"

A clear demonstration of the correct use of the english language xD

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Well .. 30k. Yes, Zelda is not that good in Japan as in the West, but even Lego City did 26k in it's FW sales. But okay .. but that there isn't ANY HW-Boost is very sad .. hopefully the Wii Party U Bundles can do it in Japan. But I think the japanse market is a little bit changing to the western Style I have the feeling.

Great debut for Loh Sen no Kiseki :)

Orochi Warrior 3 Ultimate impresses too, even the Vita version sold like 4 times more than the WiiU version (which was already a port) at launch. Too bad for Princess Arcadia, but there's a limit to what people can buy in one week. And Oreimo is NOT a bomba : miracle of the week.

Epic Mickey and Zelda are the bombas of the week, with a tremendous no boost for WiiU.

The new Vita and the collectors' editions can't come soon enough. Sony really messed up by announcing those so early.

slightly off topic, when do we get financials? I want to see what sold through vs shipped is like. It will give us a ood idea of what type of numbers retail will accept

Around the Network

Is Vita 2000 out yet? So odd for it to shift software but no hardware.

Sen > Ao without even considering digital.

This is why Falcom upward revised earnings forecast by 30% and increased dividends. Fantastic!

when are the bundles coming out on Japan? could they be waiting for them?

I am happy for Legend of Heroes numbers. Despite the bad reception about the loading times that may be fixed in the upcoming patch, the game did pretty well and on par with Ao no Kiseki. Considering the digital sales not included in the charts, it is on its way to be Falcom's biggest success in decades (they still can't top the 400k+ sales of Dragon Slayer II: Xanadu :/).

Funny how things changed quickly for Zelda. A few weeks ago people would laugh at the suggestion that it would sell less than 100k in the first week, Now 30k became respectable, even good.

I can't believe people are defending those Wind Waker sales. Ocarina of Time 3D did 160k first week - that's a huge drop. I'm a big Zelda fan but these are bad sales, remake or not. 30k is an appropriate opening for a niche game but not one of Nintendo's biggest franchises - this game got pushed and marketed, it was not a silent release. And it didn't push any systems - Nintendo expected this to be a system seller. Tell any gamer from the late 90's that a Zelda game released in Japan, did 30k week one and pushed the hardware to 3.6% market share and they'd laugh at you.