By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NHL thread: Updated standings!

Tagged games:

Are suspensions getting ridiculous?

Yes 26 45.61%

No 27 47.37%

Total:53

Now that's a team name I haven't heard in a while... along with the Whalers

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:

Well... it's only the ass hat Kronwall so who cares but he has a in person hearing tuesday so he gets 5+ games

It is not too big of a deal. He is hard player basically our long time enfourcer. They should be fine without him.

In more important news, the Avs won another game looking great in the first two periods. Penguins will be tough in the next game.

Now that's a team name I haven't heard in a while... along with the Whalers

I hope the Whalers come back. I bought a Whalers sweater/jersey that I wear to pond hockey. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b8ioeqm9IE

Garbutt has in person hearing due to hit in video. Seriously, I don't see anything wrong with that hit and neither did the 4 mean on the ice with the best vantage points (linesmen can call major penalties and in my opinion 5+ game suspension should be a major). People say he left his skates and from the first angle that would appea to be the case but not the second. People say he charged. Which I guess technically he did but he was coming all the way from the penalty box so he needed to make those strides to get into the play. Some people say he made head contact but from those angles I really cant see that and I wouldn't really call it the principle point of contact either,.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ryan-garbutt-gives-dustin-penner-old-fashioned-no-142143086--nhl.html

Other angles and announcers. None of the 4 announcers saw it at first either. The one I just linked says "that's an elbow to the head" but I don't know where their elbows are located because it doesn't seem to me that's the case.

Around the Network

After watching the video coutless times it looks like it was head to head

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ryan-garbutt-gives-dustin-penner-old-fashioned-no-142143086--nhl.html

Other angles and announcers. None of the 4 announcers saw it at first either. The one I just linked says "that's an elbow to the head" but I don't know where their elbows are located because it doesn't seem to me that's the case.

it looks very close to head on head.  but I think its more likely his shoulder,  At that speed if it was head on head they would both be down like a sac of bricks.  I agree that its not an elbow.. BUT its a clear charge, completly reckless and is targeting the head not the body.  I think the part of garbutts body that contacts penner's head is rather moot at that point.

i had a rant about how much i hate the nhl.com video player, and the fact that when you put your mouse over the video the top comes down and blocks out half of it.  but i took it out as it may have gotten me banned as it was filled with cursing and material that may be offensive to the mentally handicapped..

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Any thoughts about Nystrom (Nashville) on Brière (Montreal)?

DareDareCaro said:

?

hollabackenny said:
DareDareCaro said:

?

Brière is out for weeks after a hit to the head from Nystrom in the last Mtl match.  They called it accidental but I thought it was clearly a charge to the head...