By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed 4 delayed on Wii U, to launch with PS4/X1 versions (Europe only, apparently)

Cobretti2 said:
oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:
eFKac said:
Cobretti2 said:
eFKac said:
Hmm also since now next gen versions of AC4 get a same time release, how much should the Wii U version outsell the PS4/XB1 versions? It will have an substantial advantage in install base, ultimately. A few hundred thousands of copies more?

you know it won't sell as well, Also I am sure everybody does. THe fact is the franchise isn't established on a NIntendo system. It will take time to grow (assuming NIntendo gamers warm up to it).

So how many times Ubisoft needs to swallow the pill of commercially underperforming titles until they will be established and start selling well/making good profit? Those are difficult questions, I know. I am asking them for a reason.

I won't blame Ubisoft for pulling the plug, simple as that. And judging by the recent tweet by Emily Rogers, Ubisoft seems to warm up to that idea. They will have two viable consoles to put their games on, and we already can agree, that AC4, Watch Dogs will sell better on them, even though are not even released yet. Games like Just Dance, games from Ubi Art framework, Rayman, Rabbids etc. Will do good on Wii U and will stay around on that platform, just not games like Watch Dogs or The Division.

Read the post by the_dengle
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5700769

it pretty much covers it.

im sorry but that doesnt cover anything. He didnt solve the major problem about games underperforming. Are people really suggesting that Ubi just keep losing money on these Skus for the hell of it? Build brand loyalty? AC has been established on those other consoles by his own admission AND they never had to lose money in the process.

Well thats the point they established it elsewhere whilst skipping a console for a whole generation.  So their only choices are don't support the Wii U or try to make a small profit in the hope the franchise grows a few market share. COD is exactly the same. COD4 skipping wii U basically meant a lot of people shifted that would normally be one console owners to owning two or more. 

Also, people are not going to jump consoles to play their favourite franchises if they can get it on their console of choice. The next logical step for these people is to go forward with PS4 and xbox one as all their franchises they like will continue on those systems.

If AC suddenly jumped ship to be NIntendo exclusive then you may see people shift like they did with final fantasy VII.

Otherwise, why would a single console owner buy a 3rd or 4th installement of the game? Perhaps a 1 and 2 release would have helpped some of these people get inot the franchise, I don't know.

Watch Dogs on the other hang has a chance. It is a new franchise and assuming all the rave things we have herd about the game I would expect NIntendo fans to embrace this new IP. This is where NIntendo only owners need to show that they are willing to support good 3rd party efforts, otherwise it will be all doom and gloom.

COd4 didnt skip it just released late. And even if it didnt it still wouldnt have made much of a difference because people would have figured out the WIi versions of these games were far inferior to the PS360 counterparts and people generally dont like playing games that are that gimped. How else do you explain the games on WIi going down in sales but going up for PS360? and its not just COD just about any core game on Wii did worst than their HD counterpart how do you explain that?

You say people wont jump ship if they can play the series on their console of choice? BUt didnt they do just that for COD on Wii? I think people will do just that if the version they have access to is crappy enough. Or missing alot of features. Hell thats most of what i hear on these forums anyway. (I wont support game if it missing features).

Watch Dogs is...the one to watch, but considering i havent seen the WIi U version anywhere near the others on the preorder charts, im not holding my breath for that one. Mayve word of mouth will leg it out, but if it does crap i can see the excuses now " but it released to close to Mario whatever" then we are back to square one with Ninty gamers only buying ninty games then asking why should 3rd parties even bother.

Around the Network

Ubisoft thinks the Wii U is Next Gen! w0000000t!!!!

there is two bullets left (watch dogs and AC4), if these don't do the trick, say goodbye to third party support for wii U from ubisoft.

oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:
oniyide said:
Cobretti2 said:
eFKac said:
Cobretti2 said:
eFKac said:
Hmm also since now next gen versions of AC4 get a same time release, how much should the Wii U version outsell the PS4/XB1 versions? It will have an substantial advantage in install base, ultimately. A few hundred thousands of copies more?

you know it won't sell as well, Also I am sure everybody does. THe fact is the franchise isn't established on a NIntendo system. It will take time to grow (assuming NIntendo gamers warm up to it).

So how many times Ubisoft needs to swallow the pill of commercially underperforming titles until they will be established and start selling well/making good profit? Those are difficult questions, I know. I am asking them for a reason.

I won't blame Ubisoft for pulling the plug, simple as that. And judging by the recent tweet by Emily Rogers, Ubisoft seems to warm up to that idea. They will have two viable consoles to put their games on, and we already can agree, that AC4, Watch Dogs will sell better on them, even though are not even released yet. Games like Just Dance, games from Ubi Art framework, Rayman, Rabbids etc. Will do good on Wii U and will stay around on that platform, just not games like Watch Dogs or The Division.

Read the post by the_dengle
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5700769

it pretty much covers it.

im sorry but that doesnt cover anything. He didnt solve the major problem about games underperforming. Are people really suggesting that Ubi just keep losing money on these Skus for the hell of it? Build brand loyalty? AC has been established on those other consoles by his own admission AND they never had to lose money in the process.

Well thats the point they established it elsewhere whilst skipping a console for a whole generation.  So their only choices are don't support the Wii U or try to make a small profit in the hope the franchise grows a few market share. COD is exactly the same. COD4 skipping wii U basically meant a lot of people shifted that would normally be one console owners to owning two or more. 

Also, people are not going to jump consoles to play their favourite franchises if they can get it on their console of choice. The next logical step for these people is to go forward with PS4 and xbox one as all their franchises they like will continue on those systems.

If AC suddenly jumped ship to be NIntendo exclusive then you may see people shift like they did with final fantasy VII.

Otherwise, why would a single console owner buy a 3rd or 4th installement of the game? Perhaps a 1 and 2 release would have helpped some of these people get inot the franchise, I don't know.

Watch Dogs on the other hang has a chance. It is a new franchise and assuming all the rave things we have herd about the game I would expect NIntendo fans to embrace this new IP. This is where NIntendo only owners need to show that they are willing to support good 3rd party efforts, otherwise it will be all doom and gloom.

COd4 didnt skip it just released late. And even if it didnt it still wouldnt have made much of a difference because people would have figured out the WIi versions of these games were far inferior to the PS360 counterparts and people generally dont like playing games that are that gimped. How else do you explain the games on WIi going down in sales but going up for PS360? and its not just COD just about any core game on Wii did worst than their HD counterpart how do you explain that?

You say people wont jump ship if they can play the series on their console of choice? BUt didnt they do just that for COD on Wii? I think people will do just that if the version they have access to is crappy enough. Or missing alot of features. Hell thats most of what i hear on these forums anyway. (I wont support game if it missing features).

Watch Dogs is...the one to watch, but considering i havent seen the WIi U version anywhere near the others on the preorder charts, im not holding my breath for that one. Mayve word of mouth will leg it out, but if it does crap i can see the excuses now " but it released to close to Mario whatever" then we are back to square one with Ninty gamers only buying ninty games then asking why should 3rd parties even bother.

Well COD 4 come out like 2 years later, by then it was all other. I wasn't expecting to see 10million sales on Wii, but I reckon they could have maintained perhaps 3-5million.  As for other games, well once you got a PS3 why would you bother getting the crap versions. 

But anyway the past is the past so nothing can be done about it. Hence publishers need to make that tough choice whether to drop support or keep trying and hope they crack it.

Yer not to sure about NIntendo gamers and preorders, but I hardly bother preordering games, on release day though you do see some decent ques just asking for a copy, but like you said mainly for 1st party games. I did preorder Watch Dogs myself this time, just to show support as I think the game  looks amazing and blew our minds at last years E3. HOwever,  I totally agree with you on watch dogs, it will defiently be interesting cause I am sure you are 99% right that there will be excuses for why people did not buy it. 

Mind you if WIi U console sales don't pickup I can see some games like on GCN, you had to preorder as the preorder was the only batch available in Aus lol. Hence why you see games like Twin Snakes here maintain value in the used game market.