By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed 4 delayed on Wii U, to launch with PS4/X1 versions (Europe only, apparently)

Just give me a AC4 game with better visuals than the last gen and decent game pad usage, and that's all i'll need.

I <3 Classic Platformers!

Multi-console Owner FTW

Around the Network

For the last time. Stop making a big deal out of this FFS!

AC4 release for WiiU in the US of A is STILL october 29.

It is ONLY delayed in Europe.

You people should calm down. (maybe I should calm down, too:P)

Captain_Tom said:
the_dengle said:
Captain_Tom said:

-Maybe Batman should have MP on Wii U, but then again Nintendos online infrastructure is a generation behind even the PS360.  It is not as simple as "Putting in MP."  With such a small online community, it probably wasn't worth the money.

Do people still think this? Keep in mind that you are equating the online capabilities of the Wii U with those of the PS2 and GameCube.

Well the gamecube had none.  I played SOCOM and BF2 on PS2 and it worked fine.   The only thing was you had to make an account for each game and there was no central PSN/LIVE, Patch updates were rare and required storage, and it was really just the Wild West of standards.  

Maybe the Wii U has central names, but that is all they have over the PS2.  I have yet to see any 32 player games on the Wii U, and that is because its P2P network is outdated.

PS2 used servers to my recollection.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

the_dengle said:

This thread has passed the event horizon of stupidity, from which it can never return. The Wii U has lesser online capabilities than the PS2, Nintendo isn't doing enough to promote online connectivity (Miiverse? eShop?), the lack of a huge HDD is a big problem even though you can buy a whole terabyte for less than the price difference between the Wii U and the 500 gig PS4...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

pezus said:
morenoingrato said:
pezus said:
Weedlab said:
I'm sure Wii U owners won't mind as long as it is not gimped.

Like with Rayman? :o

Yes, such a shame Rayman bombed on WiiU and sold millions of copies on the PS360.

It's not like it released on a month with a game like GTA V or anything.

I didn't say any of that. Many WiiU owners on the chartz seem hurt by Rayman's delay and are not interested in it for that reason (most memorable recent example is Jumpin).

yer which i find frustrating that people take this stuff so personal. Sure be mad originally, however Ubisoft annouced three great games a week later so to me thats a fair enough trade off. 

Around the Network
cablebox said:
ass creed ps4>x1>wii U

thank you for your wise contribution to this thread. I feel more enlightened already.

eFKac said:
Hmm also since now next gen versions of AC4 get a same time release, how much should the Wii U version outsell the PS4/XB1 versions? It will have an substantial advantage in install base, ultimately. A few hundred thousands of copies more?

you know it won't sell as well, Also I am sure everybody does. THe fact is the franchise isn't established on a NIntendo system. It will take time to grow (assuming NIntendo gamers warm up to it).

pezus said:
Incubi said:
For the last time. Stop making a big deal out of this FFS!

AC4 release for WiiU in the US of A is STILL october 29.

It is ONLY delayed in Europe.

You people should calm down. (maybe I should calm down, too:P)

Are you sure? Why would they only delay it in Europe?

Yes I'm sure.

"In the UK, the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game will launch on November 1 as previously planned, but the Wii U edition will no longer make that date. It will now launch alongside the newly dated PC version, and the Xbox One and PS4 editions, on November 22.

"In the US, the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U versions of the game are set to launch on October 29. The PS4 version will follow on November 15, the PC one on November 19, and the Xbox One version on November 22.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/431496/assassins-creed-4-receives-firm-ps4-pc-xbox-one-release-dates/

I hate that the Ubi games are not selling MUCH better on the Wi U along w other 3rd party games. Ubi have been the one big 3rd party supporter for us (Wii U owners) and not only are ther games not selling well on the console, many Nintendo fans are complaining and blaming Ubi for the poor sales- the fact is all of the collective excuses for 3rd party games not selling well o the Wii U are bunk. There are not many Wii U consoles sold and even fewer are "active" - out of those "active" consoles the typical Wii U owner is just not buying games unless they were made by Nintendo- It really sux for people who bought the console thinking Nintendo might follow through on garnering 3rd party support among other things- Truth is, if Nintendo is not going to support the Wi U (and they clearly have not) then why would 4rd parties take a risk on it?

pezus said:
Cobretti2 said:
cablebox said:
ass creed ps4>x1>wii U

thank you for your wise contribution to this thread. I feel more enlightened already.

He might mean sales . If he does, I agree. 

If that is what he means I would agree too, but it wouldn't kill to add a sentence to explain that lol.