By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Assassin's Creed 4 delayed on Wii U, to launch with PS4/X1 versions (Europe only, apparently)

Cobretti2 said:
eFKac said:
Hmm also since now next gen versions of AC4 get a same time release, how much should the Wii U version outsell the PS4/XB1 versions? It will have an substantial advantage in install base, ultimately. A few hundred thousands of copies more?

you know it won't sell as well, Also I am sure everybody does. THe fact is the franchise isn't established on a NIntendo system. It will take time to grow (assuming NIntendo gamers warm up to it).

So how many times Ubisoft needs to swallow the pill of commercially underperforming titles until they will be established and start selling well/making good profit? Those are difficult questions, I know. I am asking them for a reason.

I won't blame Ubisoft for pulling the plug, simple as that. And judging by the recent tweet by Emily Rogers, Ubisoft seems to warm up to that idea. They will have two viable consoles to put their games on, and we already can agree, that AC4, Watch Dogs will sell better on them, even though are not even released yet. Games like Just Dance, games from Ubi Art framework, Rayman, Rabbids etc. Will do good on Wii U and will stay around on that platform, just not games like Watch Dogs or The Division.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

It's a pity since I can see this cutting into the sales of the Wii U version a bit.

I'm really interested how ACIV is gonna perform in comparison to Wii U version of ACIII and I think this is the only comparison that should really matter. ACIII sold 200k (to round it up and add any possible digital sales), so I guess if ACIV sells LT 350k (again, total with the digital sales) it would be nice and would show a solid growth. The thing is, we all know that's not very likely to happen, but at least we can hope...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Cobretti2 said:
pezus said:
Cobretti2 said:
cablebox said:
ass creed ps4>x1>wii U

thank you for your wise contribution to this thread. I feel more enlightened already.

He might mean sales . If he does, I agree. 

If that is what he means I would agree too, but it wouldn't kill to add a sentence to explain that lol.

Lol I'm 13 and I love to type ass, sue me gramps
OT: the delay is only in the UK so far and it's probably to implement all those cool extra features the wii U pad will allow them to

"The November 22 date also means the PS4 edition of Assassin's Creed 4 arrives in stores one week before the console to play it on is released."

Huh?

Boutros said:
"The November 22 date also means the PS4 edition of Assassin's Creed 4 arrives in stores one week before the console to play it on is released."

Huh?

It's weird, but it happens quite often when new consoles are released.

Around the Network
Somini said:
Boutros said:

Huh?

But isn't the PS4 coming out November 15? That would mean ACIV is coming out one week after, not one week before.

Boutros said:
Somini said:
Boutros said:

Huh?

But isn't the PS4 coming out November 15? That would mean ACIV is coming out one week after, not one week before.

As stated this is ONLY EUROPE NEWS.

The PS4 releases in Europe on Nov. 29th, thus the 1 week before.

Meanwhile AC4 still releases same time in U.S. for Wii U, which is like Oct 29th or something if I recall correctly 

irstupid said:
Boutros said:
Somini said:
Boutros said:

Huh?

Meanwhile AC4 still releases same time in U.S. for Wii U, which is like Oct 29th or something if I recall correctly 

Where is it stated?

Not in the OP or thread title -.-

Boutros said:
irstupid said:
Boutros said:
Somini said:
Boutros said:

Huh?

Where is it stated?

Not in the OP or thread title -.-

That's cause its an IGN article and they like many gaming sites are so biased its not funny against Nintendo, and also by not specifying it gets them more hits cause everyone from America can come in and bitch and moan about delay even though it don't affect them.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/431496/assassins-creed-4-receives-firm-ps4-pc-xbox-one-release-dates/

Funny how you go to IGN right now and I can't find anything discussing the new Update on Wii U.  it's been plenty of time to have an article stating its updates.  Guarantee if it was some obscure ps4/one rumor it would have been up instantly, or if ps3/360 had an update.  But Wii U has an update that has been fortold for a few days and when its up there is not a peep on it?

edit: actually its not a ign article in op, but still funny how many websites have the info wrong.

the_dengle said:
oniyide sa

well you have to start somewhere and here is UBisoft starting, BUT if it is too late then they might as well just pull the plug to hell with how forum goers feel. Pull the plug now make the games that sell on Sony MS systems and then make whatever sells on Ninty ones and call it a day. Everyone is happy that way.

If you (and Ubisoft) concede that they're just getting started, then you should be able to adjust your expectations accordingly and not blame Nintendo or their consumers when games sell less on Wii U than on any other console.

Wii U didn't launch with a Killzone or Halo game. It's not going to attract as many PS3/360 owners as the PS4/X1 will; that's obvious. Third parties have to build their brand power on Wii U if they want to sell their games to that market. That process takes years. Dropping a few games on the system and backing out after a few months or a year is not a strategy for success on a new platform.

That is if third parties WANT to have success on a new platform, unless that requires too much effort for them and they want their games to practically sell themselves by default as on Sony and Microsoft platforms.

Just don't pretend in a few months that there isn't a very good reason Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty and so on are selling better on PS4/X1 than on Wii U.

its not about the WIi U version does compared to other consoles. Ubi is not expecting sales of multiplat games to match those of PS360 of course not. THe issue is that the games are not selling decently on their own. They are not putting up the numbers they SHOULD be putting up for a new console on the market. If they are not selling up to snuff then Ubi would not be wrong to just pull the plug or lower output and no one could really blame them.